• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2008 Flathead Cat Pictures

DTro

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it was a good start to a Flathead career. I've fished channels a few times with little to show for it. Started off with a tiny channel that could barely get the tip swinging. Graduated to a little ten poundish flathead (28x16) a few hours later, and as the Twins tied up the baseball game at 6 runs, had a nice 28 pounder (39x24) come pluck my bullhead off the bottom. Gotta give credit to Darren to showing me the ropes and taking the time to go out. I'm sure this will be a long week for him. We're leaving some room to do things stepwise. Sub-ten channel, tenish flathead, twenty pound class flathead...I think 30's, 40's, and a 50 should come in future trips grin

Here's a couple photos:

1004318pg4.jpg

1004320vq5.jpg

I'm not used to having NBA players in the front of my boat. One more step back and I was in the drink.

I've had Tom up there, but it's pretty easy to get his fish in the frame grin

j/k Tom wink

Well I retaught myself how to tie a decent knot after this long winter and finally got something decent to the shore for a pic.

Caught on a heavy sucker 32 X 21

Picture003-2.jpg

nice mug

Picture004-2.jpg

The release

Picture005-2.jpg

I scouted this spot while driving by for work not much action after she came out.

Oh man, I almost wish it weren't Memorial and I was going out of town. I am ready to catch one. You know, I do have some bullheads in my cooler I really should get rid of on Thursday evening. wink

I really like the shore picts. That is what has me jonesing; Looking square in the face of the greatest fish that swims.