• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2008 Flathead Cat Pictures

DTro

thanks, its amasing what kind of pain can be involved with a cut from the inside of a fishes mouth. Any deeper and I might have had to go to the E room. I was just getting ready to tell her not to take the picture yet and there went the flash and then the batteries died. I promise i'll smile for the next one. Gonna head back out tomorrow night. Hopefully with the same luck or better.

Duane

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One word. HOOKED!! They fish with me all the time, but usually its in the boat. I've never seen such an adrenilin rush in a 10 and 5 yr old until last night. They asked me first thing this morning if we was going tonight. Gonna head out wednesday night with them again.

Duane

Katchaser, you seem to get a lot of daytime flats over there in Ohio. Do you fish at night too? I would love to be able to catch flatties like that all day long up here. Plus, your avatar looks like it has a pontoon boat in the background! I love pontoons, they're the most comfortable thing to fish out of.

Went out last night around 7:00. Headed upstream a few miles and marked a few spots to hit on the way back. Around 9:20, we decided to move from our initial spot and hit a sandbar we found downstream.....9:40, clicker started going. I pulled the rod out from the holder, set the hook and BOOM! Fight was on! A few minutes later I boated my first Flathead!

My_First_Flat_Color_Corrected.jpg

Boy does it feel good to get my first under the belt! I didn't have a chance to measure or weigh it....any of you veterans want to estimate? I've got the cat fever now!

Thanks kingfisher. It was all too surreal. I've spent weeks trying to figure out if I am fishing in the right spots, right bait, time of day etc....so to have this one jump in the boat was a good confirmation.

aanderud the boat is 18 foot long and 86 inches wide and some times it still doesnt feel big enough. floor plan is wide open and we lay out matts to sleep on and let the clickers be our alarm clock works well.