• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How long???

Scoot

This year marks my 24th year of bowhunting for whitetails. I'm 35 now and started when I was 11. My mom actually said I was born one year earlier than I was so I could get a license when I was 11 (she made it very clear that lying was unacceptable, but she claimed it was justified in this instance wink.gif). Just curious how long all of you have been chasing deer with a stick and string.

this is my 8th season bowhunting and i've loved every minute of it. started when i was 16 now 24. if it wasn't for the family rifle hunting get together i prob would give it up and just strictly bowhunt. i've gotten both my little brothers into the sport also and they both love it. my youngest 14 just took his first sun night. Button buck. He was pumped. as was i.

I'm 36 now... but didn't pick up a bow till I was 20... and didn't hunt till I was 22. So, 14 years now... still in search of a pope & young...

Maybe this weekend? I'm hitting the woods hard starting at about 4 this evening and going hard both mornings and evenings till sunday evening.

It was 6-7 years up until my 2nd child was born in 2001, Now I have become a born again bowhunter for the last 2 years. Helps I can hunt 15 minutes away from home as well now.

My daughter (2nd and youngest child) wants to help cut the deer up when I shoot one! I sure hope I can give her that chance soon! She was so mad on opener that she couldn't come with me and sit in the tent (ground blind). She is already trying to shoot her brothers bow, She has one but doesn't look like ours.

This is my 30th year, things have come a long way since I started out with the old recurve, have only missed three seasons due to being in the Army. Just the sight of a deer with the bow in hand is an amazing feeling that I know I will never outgrow!!

I dont even know if I want to answer this. But, I shot my first archery deer in 1970. Thats was my 2nd year of bow hunting. Seems like it been not that long but I figure its been 38 years.

I have been lucky enough to have shot 3 Pope & Young but thats not the best percentage.

Started when i was 25 and am now 41. I received my first gift from mother nature that first year i bow hunted and have been hooked ever since.

Started rifle hunting at age 19 and gave it up once i realized i can do well with a bow. I do not miss the circus at all. I will Bow Hunt until i cant no more. God willing that will be along way out.

I have a two year old Daughter who has a toy recurve. I cut the tips off the toy arrows, bored them out so they will fit over the carbons i shoot. Glued them on and now she has three carbon arrows, ohh... about 12 inches long with the little suction tips on the end.

She loves it.

CC HURL

This is my 16th year & I'm 40 now, so I guess I was 25, as my birthday's in about a month. No Pope & Young deer for me either. I actually don't think I've ever seen one while hunting that I can remember.

I love bowhunting, it's the biggest rush, but I mostly love deer hunting, so whatever weapon is legal for me to chase them with is just fine with me.

Shot my first one in 1968 which was my first year with the bow. 9th grader and 14. I was hunting with my dad. Shot a badger that same day an hour earlier. I was crossing a fence and he scared the crud out of me so I shot him. God has given me many great memories over the years and lots of venison for the tummy and racks for the wall. Still hooked? ABSOLUTELY!! grin.gif

I purchased my First Bow when i was 16, WHen archery country was being sold and selling everything off cheap.

SHot my first Deer the next year ( the BUCK in the Pic to the left) and have been hooked ever since. I am now 25 so my 9th year.

Purchased my bow when I was 22 with the intention of hunting elk during the rut in CO when I was living there, but never had the chance. Been living in MN since 02 and figured with stands and whitetail hunting it was time to break it out and start shooting it again a few years ago. Wasn't confident in my form and shots the first year so I held off in actually hunting until last season. This is my second season and love every part of it!

Scoot...great pic:) Never too young to get them started and learning the proper ways! Looks like the little guy took a pretty good digger to his forehead. That makes me think back to when I was young and a danger to myself wink.gif

I started hunting with a gun when I was 15 yrs. old mostly by the peer pressure of a buddy who didn't have a hunting partner. I really didn't want to do it, but I did anyway because he was much bigger and could punch pretty hard. I ended up shooting an eight pointer on his land and he shot nothing. He was pretty mad. I was hooked and loved it. I found my love for being in the woods. The next year, he didn't have to force me to go, I actually had to beg him to let me hunt on his land again and I ended up shooting a 150 class ten pointer!! He kicked me off his land for good and I took up archery the next season at 17 yrs. old and found out there was something better than gun hunting for whitetails! I am now 28 so I am in my 12th year now. There is nothing that can compare to archery hunting for showing someone how rewarding the outdoors is to your life. My experiences in the woods have been lifechanging, and I am so thankful for my buddy forcing me to try deer hunting. Throughout the years of bowhunting, I will admit that I have blown many of opportunities to harvest trophy bucks, many of which I have plainly missed. But that is what hunting is all about, learning from your mistakes and closing the learning gap. Whitetails are challenging, and that is what I love about hunting them so much. What fun would it be if you could just walk up to them and shoot them with no effort?? That's what makes your kill a trophy.....all your hard efforts coming together in the end to spell success!

GoggleEye

Work permitting I have been bow-hunting since 1989. Although I am not a diehard like most of you guys I do enjoy the challenge. I have a lot of fun gaining permission for new land and then learning it and then I move on to another piece. My hunting buddies really benefit from my connections....