• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Northern Pike Photo Gallery

Rick

4764_518040337205_135400772_30862242_596

haha, forgive the look on my face, the fish didn't scare me, either bad timing or the look of horror that was on my face 5 seconds before this picture was taken when this squirmy guy decided to flip an 8" walk-the-dog bait through the knee of my pants and almost into my leg.

I think it was just bad timing on the photo though.

i landed this pike back in march while fishing a stetch of te vermillion river that runs by my house. i knew pike wasn't open so i decided to try a new bait for carp (bread balls soaked in vinilla). i pulled up to my carp-hole and began to fish. after waiting for about 15 min. with no bites i began to crank in the hook. As the bread ball was coming in i saw why i wasn't getting any bites, a leaf had fallen over the bait and got stuck on the hook and as i was reeling in, the leaf fluttered tin the current. then out of the muddy water i see a big open mouth come crashing in and inhale the leaf. my exact thoughts were "darn it, i picked a wrong day to not use a leader." but i got lucky and after about a 10 min. fight i got the fish in the net. it measured 34 3/4 inces long and was fat (12 pounds)!

so here is my new pb pike:

img1517e.jpg

quite a bit of fun on an ultralight and 8 pound line

I'm guessing you are the kid that stuck his fork in the power outlets or just had to lick the frozen iron hand rail.

Nothing wrong with havin a little fun! :-p One of 15ish pike we caught this weekend between 30 and 35" in LaCrosse, WI. Great time!

Aaron%2030.5in%20Black%206-21-09_320.JPG

And the big ones from last week. Both just a hair over 34".

Aaron%2034.25in%20Black%206-21-09_320.JP

Aaron%2034in%20Bryant%206-16-09_640.JPG

i landed this pike back in march while fishing a stetch of te vermillion river that runs by my house. i knew pike wasn't open so i decided to try a new bait for carp (bread balls soaked in vinilla). i pulled up to my carp-hole and began to fish. after waiting for about 15 min. with no bites i began to crank in the hook. As the bread ball was coming in i saw why i wasn't getting any bites, a leaf had fallen over the bait and got stuck on the hook and as i was reeling in, the leaf fluttered tin the current. then out of the muddy water i see a big open mouth come crashing in and inhale the leaf. my exact thoughts were "darn it, i picked a wrong day to not use a leader." but i got lucky and after about a 10 min. fight i got the fish in the net. it measured 34 3/4 inces long and was fat (12 pounds)!

so here is my new pb pike:

beastlyfish.jpg

quite a bit of fun on an ultralight and 8 pound line

Hmm, looks like I need to add a leaf pattern spoon to my arsenal!

Nice work, I think that's the first time I've heard of someone getting a pike on foliage! laugh

My 11 year old daughter, Amanda bested her PB 31" gator from last year, with this 32" from the other night. She was dragging a big sucker minnow under a bobber hoping for a musky while I bottom bounced for 'eyes. I did get a 26" 'eye too so it was a great night. Both fish were CPR'd. In my 15+ years of fishing this lake, this is only the 3rd northern I've seen caught out of it.

dsc01096h.jpg

Brian

Just got back from up north... did a bit of pike fishing. My buddy loves his pink shirts so i got him a pink Super D. He took to it right away... and so did the fish. They got progressively larger

P7030336.jpg

P7050371.jpg

P7050376.jpg

P7050377.jpg