• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Northern Pike Photo Gallery

Rick

To spruce things up a bit I have decided at the end of this pike season (Feb 2009) we will post a online poll within this thread for two weeks. The publicaly voted best picture and story combination will get to come fish Upper Red Lake's open water for trophy pike on a guided trip for two anglers with "Outdoors with Jonny P" for free during the 2009 open water season.

Originally Posted By: Jonny P

To spruce things up a bit I have decided at the end of this pike season (Feb 2009) we will post a online poll within this thread for two weeks. The publicaly voted best picture and story combination will get to come fish Upper Red Lake's open water for trophy pike on a guided trip for two anglers with "Outdoors with Jonny P" for free during the 2009 open water season.

Winning a prize like that might put them in the running to win it again next year!!

Originally Posted By: Jonny P

Im not sure if people really understand what this is all about. Look at that photo boys and girls that Jonny is holding up! Pike fishing with him is out of control.

Awesome Gift Jonny P

Caught this one on the winnipeg river near minaki at the end of july. Heard a big splash behind the boat a ways put the trolling motor on high in that direction. Casted to what was left of the rings in the water and on the second pull the fish hammered a big daddy. Charged the boat immediately and jumped straight up right next to the bow, the bait was pinned to the side of the fishes mouth and the hooks were way to close to my legs for comfort! Pretty exciting fish that I'll never forget. Was even a little slime on the rub rail it jumped so close. 43.5 inches didn't take a girth but it had to be in that 23lb range. My biggest pike so far and the second biggest smile in a picture for the year.

minaki435inmo1.jpg

I wish I had a story but theres not much of one. We are on some real good pike in a part of the state where they dont seem to be many or T least you dont catch them in numbers. All fish were released today!!! The first pike we caught today took two tip ups before we could get to it so for a moment we were fighting the same fish. The the second fish I am pretty sure is one that a buddy got broke of from in the middle of the week. It had a leader sticking out of the stomach about an inch with a foot of string attached to it. Then the third fish of the day had the tip up bent down when it was running it just about spooled the real. Then my buddy got bit pretty bad getting a hook out of the mouth of the fish. As for weights of the fish I dont know. The first one was 37.5 second not positive but aroung 36-37 and the third was a pig bellied 37. Thanks for checking out our fish

travy40036.jpg

travy40034.jpg

travy40041.jpg

Johny my vote is going to be for lo lotwsvirgin he has shown us that he devotes his time and energy into chasis giant pike in southwest mn, before moving to the bemidji/URL area i did not see northers of that size and numbers out of any of our souther mn duck ponds, i have seen tons of huge walleyes but no northens like that and that why my vote will be for lotwsvirgin

There was no bigguns to be had today frown Had one about the same size break my leader some how. This oneI got a couple hours later. I walked upto the tip up and thought it was just another bump and run till I noticed that there was only a couple of feet left on the spool. It weighed out at about 9lbs. Finally bought a scale and a long needle nose smile thanks for looking

travy40047.jpg