• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Upgrading Your LX-3 to LX-3tc (TrueColor)...

I just talked with the guys from MarCum and here's the info for upgrading from the original LX-3 to the LX-3tc (TrueColor)...

Upgrade your LX3 to the new TrueColor Display...

Anglers have expressed interest in upgrading their LX-3 units to our new patent pending TrueColor Display. TrueColor is the latest from MarCum Technologies improving color separation resulting in an ultra crisp and highly visible display (even in bright sunlight). TrueColor utilizes three distinct colors red, yellow and green....no more blending targets.

We are proud to announce we have the upgrade available. Please contact MarCum Customer Service at 763-493-3748 or shoot us an email at [email protected] to request the upgrade to the new TrueColor display.

The cost to upgrade your LX3 to the new TrueColor display is $49.00

This cost includes UPS ground shipping back to you. Upgrades take just a few days to complete. Total turn time from your door to ours and back to you is 10-14 days depending on your location. To make the turn time faster on the upgrade please contact us now while the water is still soft. And as always thanks for choosing MarCum, where technology is One Step Ahead!

Sweet deal Matt...

What a steal if you picked up the LX-3 for $279 to $300 at Reeds or fishing pro store and now wanted the color upgrade. You got an already superb deal on a great unit in the LX-3 and for $49 the true color upgrade is available to you and your still $50 to $70 under the retail price for an LX3TC at $399, no brainer... One of my LX-3's is going in and when I get that back the other one will go in. It just goes to show you that MarCum does it right by listening to the customer! Thanks Pete...

For anyone who hasn't seen the new MarCum units yet, the new True Color display is incredible! I'm not just trying to toot anyone's horn, the crisp and clearness of the read-out is nothing short of amazing! And that is truly what I honestly believe.

For anyone riding the teeter-totter and debating whether or not to get the upgrade, I'd spend one evening and stop in at the local tackle store to check out one of the new True Color units and see for yourself (now that the new units are starting to hit the shelves). It will give you a good idea as to what the difference is between the LX-3 and LX-3tc. Both provide the same outstanding qualities of the LX-3 in regards to zoom, power, etc, and whether you choose to upgrade or not you'll still be getting an exceptional flasher, but the display on the LX-3tc has the upper-hand.

In my opnion, no other three-color flasher on the market right now can compete with MarCum's new True Color display in terms of being crisp, bright and defined...

That is some good news because I just bought mine last year and love it. The only thing they could have done better is color seperation and now they have. Where are they located? Is it possible to bring it in and save a few dollars?

As of right now upgrading the IR is not an option. I wouldn't worry however, you will be fine with the IR on the LX-3 you already have, it will get the job done.

And as far as whether or not you can drop your LX-3 off at MarCum instead of sending it in, that's something you'll have to ask MarCum when you call or e-mail them. I don't know the answer to that...

Matt and Neiko:

No, you have to mail it in. The friendly folks at Marcum Tech let us know that the work is actually being done at a place where they'd rather keep traffic to a minimum. You only send in the power head (spin off the gimbel mount screws and detach the power and ducer cables) so it's really light and cheap to mail. Big Pine Walleye and I sent both of ours in the same box the day it was announced (the 18th) and insured them too for $10 total. MJCatfish sent his alone for $7 or so insured. I was hoping that we would have seen them back by now, but will be worth the wait, I'm sure.

Thanks for pointing that out Zebco. A 26 minute turnaround on an email! That my friends is reason enough not to be hesitant about uprgrading to a MarCum product or, in the case of many, going through with the color upgrade.

I have been nothing but impressed with their service. The competitor's service standards are very high, but I believe MarCum's are even better.

Ray-

When I had transducer problems last winter, I had a phone call in response to my e-mail to the customer service address in about 2 1/2 hours. Not quite 26 minutes but I was impressed.

What really caught me off guard was my transducer making it to my doorstep in less than 48 hours after that phone conversation!!

Marcum was truly awesome about this upgrade. I had been e-mailing them as to when I could send it in--they always e-mailed me right back. Than I called to find out the details and the guy said that he remembered me from my e-mails, talked to me by name, and was extremly nice. Marcum--I am impressed!

do I send it in or not, I don't know if I can be without it for up to 14 days, since this is the best time to on the ice. I do want the upgrade, but it works just great the way it is now. I sent a e-mail to marcum, and they sent me a number to use for my upgrade. will this number and offer still be available next spring? I have had good experiences with marcum, as my transducer was not working the best, they sent me a new one right away, no questions.

I sent my marcum in on the 23rd, day before thanks giving, giving the holidays and all, I figured it would be awhile, UPS dropped it off at my door on the 29 the following tuesaday, I was really impressed with the turnaround time. I hooked it up, did a little demo on it, I LOVE the way it looks know, can't wait to get it back on the ice. Any body worried about it, the $49.00 was well worth it for me. smile.gif

I just contacted marcum yesterday and they said because of the high demand this time of year the turn around will be 3 to 4 weeks. That is a long period to be without my flasher but I'm going to send it anyway.