• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishin report for Lake Iwanttobethere..

Bobby Bass

since I was a little kid I said the old "now I lay me down to sleep..." prayer before bed.  Always list people for God to bless and for the past while I find myself including Bobby Bass in it.  Sometimes I find it funny saying Bobby Bass but I know He knows who I mean.  It's around 80 days til "fishing opener" Bobby get well... :)

THAT GUY, I am that guy! I went back to the hospital on Friday for my last plasma washing that went off without a hitch. Since my sessions were done they pulled out the chest tube, applied pressure and a bandage and I was allowed to leave. Ten minutes later I am at the emergency entrance waiting for my wife to bring the truck around and I reach down and find myself wet on my side. My pressure bandage had not held and I was bleeding, a lot of excitement there for a few minutes as I yelled for some help and several nurses came to bring me to the emergency room. I held my hand to my chest as blood poured out around my fingers and we got me to a room and some gloved up nurses. I ended up spending another day in the hospital as they had to give me a transfusion of two units of blood to get me good to go home again. This is the short version I don’t think I am going to write a long version of this story, but it was finally nice to get rather then receive blood for a change... Just saying I am that guy when this kind of stuff seems to happen.

Hey Bobby, are you consuming much blood during your treatments, in addition to that which you let run all over the ground?   Used to be that folks could donate to help someone out and provide blood for them.  If that still would help, I bet some of the folks here would be happy to get a needle in their vein for you.  

I would be up for it, if I can get off this inhaler that defers me from donating.

Bobby-  you jinxed yourself when you said you liked the breakfast service of the nurses better than the one provided at home!!!  Keep your spirits up and let the doctors take care of your body.  I witnessed a guy buying a fishing license at lunch today and thought of the opener countdown and you.  Get well and get home.

Just woke up from a 48 hour nap. Came home from the hospital exausted and went straight to bed. Blood clot was ruled out after ultrasounds and two cat scans. So some good news there. On my tablet tuff to Write lots of rea reading for me.

d

On March 6, 2016 at 1:17 AM, Bobby Bass said:

Just woke up from a 48 hour nap. Came home from the hospital exausted and went straight to bed. Blood clot was ruled out after ultrasounds and two cat scans. So some good news there. On my tablet tuff to Write lots of rea reading for me.

d

Holy Cow!  48 hour nap would be about 12 trips to the bathroom for me.  Good work holding it :)

The backlog of LIWTBT stories is going to provide quite a bit of continuous reading for us, maybe it was good you were sleeping because after limited fishing success this weekend I may have picked up a white package at the  grocery store and wasn't seen this time.

4 hours ago, RebelSS said:

Yay! Good news!  Vey happy to hear that, Bobby!   Dontcha just hate those CAT scans??  :grin:

animals-cat-cat_owner-cat_scan-scan-scan

O so true 

I just read about Weathertite on the Saint Cloud thread. shook me hard and hit home. he has been a strong supporter in my own health. My thoughts are going to him.