• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Muskie Photo Gallery

davev

No pics, but got my second and third fish of the year this morning at 7 and 730. both low 40's. did not measure because i was fishing along..had another follow, great morning on the water! hopefully its a sign that things r heating up!

46" caught back on 7/29. Action has been pretty good lately, so I didn't get a chance to post until today. I had just bought a new Beckman musky net from Thorne Brothers the day before. I was getting tired of scooping up big fish with an inadequate net. That said, it still is not easy landing a big fish on your own, but I think I'm discovering a working technique. Ignore the goofy face in the first pic... I was struggling to lift the thing...

370709987.jpg

370709992.jpg

Got this fish a little more than an hour ago-

It's the second year in a row that i've caught a muskie on my birthday, I'm hoping it becomes a tradition.

6174_519148970495_135400772_30917433_473

ate a Willo Beast boatside after coming in on two consecutive casts. I had bought the lure about 4 hours before I caught this fish on it. that 25 dollar sting is hurting a little less right now.

Had a really fun weekend with Trent from Las Vegas. Trent and his wife Pam fished with me a bunch last year, and caught lots of bass, pike and walleye. This time, Trent wanted to go big, and spent all his time chasing muskies. He got his new personal best 30 minutes into the first day, and we were able to capitalize on some short feeding windows and get three more while he was here. Now Trent is hooked, saying "this musky fishing thing is addictive!" He went home sore and tired, but said "I feel like a different man!" Heck yeah...catching a musky nowdays IS an accomplishment. Here's Trent displaying the fish, and as you'll see, with a little encouragement, he was soon handling these fish like a pro.

Trent8.jpg

Trent6.jpg

Trent3.jpg

Trent10.jpg