• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Rod Storage - Poll

TackleBoxMike

Question

by far a rod bag, i have a beckman, holds three rods and tackle. I carry the rest with my portable, but when i want to move quick it is the next best thing since sliced bread. so my vote is a rod bag. must have protective section for rods.

Check out the Stone Legacy Revolution and Premium cases they are great. Plenty of room in the Revolution for tip ups, tackle, rags and other misc. gear. Also can get 6-8 rods in it depending on real size and wether ya break down the handles or not. I really like mine and I have used just about everything out there including arrow cases.

A 7 gallon bucket. I don't like carrying too much stuff around and it seems I always need a bucket for something other than storage.

In many situations in that bucket I keep 5 rods (Walleye bobber, crappie bobber, St. Croix walleye jigging, Sweet heart crappie jigging, and a spring bobber rod) a tip up or two, a small propane heater, tackle box, and a hook out.

I use PVC rod protectors mounted on the bucket for the jigging rods. The bobber rods are glass and very durable.

Put me in for a rod bag. There's any number of good ones out there. My personal choice is a Lakewood. It has hard sides, holds at least 4 rods plus a tip-up, all my tackle and my Polar Vision. Haven't broke or lost a rod yet.

I've got a lakewood softsided hardcase, it has 3 external zipper pouches with several smaller internal compartments plus room for little jig/lure boxes and it'll hold a good 5-6 rod/reel combo's. I think I bought it just to have something different then everybody else,just zip her open and choose your weapon and your fishin' got it at thorne bros

I drill 2 holes in the side of the bucket near the top and two down about mid way on the bucket on each side of the PVC tube then use cable ties to secure the PVC tube to the inside of the bucket.

You can cut the cable ties if you need to get the PVC tubes out of the bucket.

berke99,I use pvc and cut slits in them about 2 inches wide

and depending on the rod reel set-up about 6 to 8 inches long so I can slide the rod into the pvc with the handle of the rod just touching the bottom of the bucket.I file all edges smooth so as not to have any sharp edges to cut my line.Then I riveted the pvc to the bucket.

Have thaught about gettin something different. What I've got now is a box I made out of 1 x 1 frame and paneling. Nice and light. It holds 6-8 rods, tip-ups, tackle boxes, lantern, small tv/radio, fishfinder. Only thing it don't hold is 20lb cylinder. It's nice cause everything is there and it doubles as a place to sit. It gets to be a little clumsy sometimes though. Got a gift cert for b-day might checkout one of the bags.

I was checking out those Revolutions and had two questions. Are there two over the shoulder straps, similar to a backpack or just one to sling over the shoulder? Also, their site made mention of tangle free compartments. Is there anything to strap the rods in place such as velcro? They look like a nice item but with so many options out there just looking to clarify what I would be getting.