• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

JBMasterAngler

Gopher Nation

The coming of another college football season! This is truly the greatest time of the year! I’ve never been a fan of these Thursday night openers for the gophers, but at least they’re on national tv. I like Morgan as our starter. Hopefully Winfield stays healthy. I see them winning a less than pretty, yet comfortable game tonight. It’s going to be a fun season!

well you were somewhat right it was less then pretty. Looks like the team has some talent on it. The RB and WR will be fun to watch I was disappointed in the o-line the big guy  on the end is so big he can't move. SD's smaller d-linemen were stunting on him and he couldn't keep up. PJ got out coached in that game.

Yeah, I’ll always take the win, but they didn’t look good at all! Fresno State is going to be tough next week. At least they have the extra 2 days to prepare. 

Holy cow! Did the gophers do everything they could to lose that game! I had to listen to the game on the radio because I don’t have cbs sports, so having to hear all the stupid penalties drove me extra crazy! A win is a win, but they sure have looked very underwhelming so far this season. Especially seeing some of the other teams in the conference absolutely dominate!

My goodness, this team has a horseshoe up it’s rear! Each game they’re looking uglier and getting luckier! Thank goodness it’s a bye week! Hopefully our RB’s get healthy, and they get everything figured out.

Much better showing yesterday. Aside from letting them crawl back a little in the fourth quarter, the defense was much better all around. Tanner Morgan’s 96% completion rate is all time big ten record. His 3rd down completion percentage is 2nd in the nation only to Oklahoma’s Jalen Hurtz. Looks like clear skies ahead.

Gopher nation domination strikes again! If next week’s forecast holds up, we’ll be playing Nebraska in a snowstorm! Unfortunately we probably won’t crack the top 25 until beating the corn huskers.

Gophers just keep getting better and better! Last night had trap game written all  over it! I would have never imagined we would blow them out like that! It looked like Nebraska wanted to be anywhere else BUT on that field! Our 3 headed monster of a running game is healthy and looks unstoppable. We have an unofficial bye week against Rutgers next.

Little bit of a slow start, but game went about what I expected. I thought Fleck kept the starters in at least one series too long. Even with #16 Michigan losing, I really don’t see the gophers moving up at all in the rankings.

I was pleasantly surprised that the gophers jumped up to #17. I of course wasn’t expected Boise State to lose to BYU. I also assumed that the Michigan bias would have prevented them from dropping in the rankings. The most recent bowl projection I could find was a couple weeks old, but it had the gophers in the outback bowl against Auburn.

Based on schedule I don't think you can say much about the gophers  yet. They were gifted a win against an FCS team. Barely beat Fresno St  in OT.  Had a close game against Georgia southern at home?

I get it they beat who they had scheduled, its a great start credit to them.  But it doesn't move the needle for me. Go get a win against Penn St or Iowa and then I might start buying what Fleck is selling.

Although they haven't really played anyone great the last few games have been blowouts which shows you they can score and they can also stop teams from scoring.   Its only going to get tougher from here.  With Wisconsin losing to Illinois that gives me hope that they can beat them also.

Cripes..........enjoy it for what it is, the Gophs  haven't had a start like this in 60 years.

Are they a top tier team yet? Nope.

Maybe they will be in a few weeks?

And maybe they won't.

17 hours ago, Duffman said:

Cripes..........enjoy it for what it is, the Gophs  haven't had a start like this in 60 years.

Are they a top tier team yet? Nope.

Maybe they will be in a few weeks?

And maybe they won't.

With them being in the top 25 and there track record the last 15 years I'm pretty excited with where they are at right now!

Team just keeps getting better with each game! Was nice to see gophers finally beat Maryland! Of all the times the gophers have a legitimate chance to attract college gameday, the #1 and #2 teams just so happen to be playing each other also. Fleck made a great point, Alabama and LSU literally get gameday EVERY year! Twice in most cases. Hopefully that’s something ESPN considers. 

Admit it Big Dave you are feeling that heat just a little. Just make sure you and your team pay attention to LSU before you start to worry about playing the Gophers a bowl game!

20 hours ago, chaffmj said:

Admit it Big Dave you are feeling that heat just a little. Just make sure you and your team pay attention to LSU before you start to worry about playing the Gophers a bowl game!

Well, I'm not too concerned about the #13 team in the nation. There's very little chance the Goophers would make it into the top 4 even if they go undefeated but stranger things have happened. I would love for Bama to play the Goophers in the playoffs but I am not very hopeful of that happening.

Goophers will lose at least 2 or maybe 3 of the next 4 games. Then if they play Ohio State in a Big 10 Championship game they would lose that one too. 

It's already been a great year for the team and an appearance in the Big 10 Champ. Game would be huge for this program. Maybe Fleck is for real? If so, how long will he stick around?

Edited by Big Dave2

On 10/27/2019 at 3:19 PM, JBMasterAngler said:

Fleck made a great point, Alabama and LSU literally get gameday EVERY year! Twice in most cases. Hopefully that’s something ESPN considers. 

That's because those are two perennially relevant teams that the rest of the country wants to watch. Most of America doesn't even know where Minnesota is on a map and would laugh if they heard the nickname Gophers.....

No one outside of Minnesota could name the Goophers coach or one player.

People not knowing where Minnesota is on the map is more reason for gameday to be here! The LSU/Alabama game is still going to be on prime time national tv. Gameday has nothing to do with that, considering they’ve been to places like South Dakota State, North Dakota State, James Madison, and Harvard. Not to mention countless lesser D1 campuses.

If Minnesota runs the table and wins the big ten (which I’m not predicting), they absolutely would make the 4 team playoff, most likely as the #3 seed. 

Penn State is far from being some unstoppable juggernaut. This is a very winnable game. If they do win this game, it’s the game against Iowa the next week that becomes almost unwinable! It would be extremely difficult to “get up” for that game, despite it being a rivalry game, after a huge win against a top ranked team.

Also, gophers are undefeated all time against Alabama 😁

4 hours ago, JBMasterAngler said:

Also, gophers are undefeated all time against Alabama 😁

Wow, take that Big Dave!  🤩

This game can be seen on channel 5. Two undefeated 8-0 and Nationally ranked teams battle it out at TCF stadium at the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis.

I predict a great game and the Gophers win this one becoming a huge part of the National football conversation.

Ski-U-Mah

Row the Boat

GOPHER NATION!!!!

What an exciting game to watch! Blood pressure was getting tested there in the 4th quarter. I thought for sure the fix was in when the refs didn’t call delay of game on that Penn State touchdown run. Probably the biggest home win in a very very very long time!