• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gopher Nation

JBMasterAngler

20 hours ago, chaffmj said:

Admit it Big Dave you are feeling that heat just a little. Just make sure you and your team pay attention to LSU before you start to worry about playing the Gophers a bowl game!

Well, I'm not too concerned about the #13 team in the nation. There's very little chance the Goophers would make it into the top 4 even if they go undefeated but stranger things have happened. I would love for Bama to play the Goophers in the playoffs but I am not very hopeful of that happening.

Goophers will lose at least 2 or maybe 3 of the next 4 games. Then if they play Ohio State in a Big 10 Championship game they would lose that one too. 

It's already been a great year for the team and an appearance in the Big 10 Champ. Game would be huge for this program. Maybe Fleck is for real? If so, how long will he stick around?

Edited by Big Dave2

On 10/27/2019 at 3:19 PM, JBMasterAngler said:

Fleck made a great point, Alabama and LSU literally get gameday EVERY year! Twice in most cases. Hopefully that’s something ESPN considers. 

That's because those are two perennially relevant teams that the rest of the country wants to watch. Most of America doesn't even know where Minnesota is on a map and would laugh if they heard the nickname Gophers.....

No one outside of Minnesota could name the Goophers coach or one player.

People not knowing where Minnesota is on the map is more reason for gameday to be here! The LSU/Alabama game is still going to be on prime time national tv. Gameday has nothing to do with that, considering they’ve been to places like South Dakota State, North Dakota State, James Madison, and Harvard. Not to mention countless lesser D1 campuses.

If Minnesota runs the table and wins the big ten (which I’m not predicting), they absolutely would make the 4 team playoff, most likely as the #3 seed. 

Penn State is far from being some unstoppable juggernaut. This is a very winnable game. If they do win this game, it’s the game against Iowa the next week that becomes almost unwinable! It would be extremely difficult to “get up” for that game, despite it being a rivalry game, after a huge win against a top ranked team.

Also, gophers are undefeated all time against Alabama ?

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

This game can be seen on channel 5. Two undefeated 8-0 and Nationally ranked teams battle it out at TCF stadium at the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis.

I predict a great game and the Gophers win this one becoming a huge part of the National football conversation.

Ski-U-Mah

Row the Boat

GOPHER NATION!!!!

What an exciting game to watch! Blood pressure was getting tested there in the 4th quarter. I thought for sure the fix was in when the refs didn’t call delay of game on that Penn State touchdown run. Probably the biggest home win in a very very very long time! 

They should jump up at least 5 spots in the playoff rankings. Alabama and Kansas State lost, but Alabama will stay ahead of them. 4 teams were idle (Utah, Oregon, Auburn, Michigan). Oklahoma almost blew it against Iowa State, and Wisconsin squeaked by Iowa. In the AP poll they should go up at least 3 spots.

Anyone else think that Annexstad transfers after this season? Tanner Morgan had more TD passes than incompletions! And he was only 1 foot away from a 4th touchdown!

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 4:44 PM, JBMasterAngler said:

GOPHER NATION!!!!

What an exciting game to watch! Blood pressure was getting tested there in the 4th quarter. I thought for sure the fix was in when the refs didn’t call delay of game on that Penn State touchdown run. Probably the biggest home win in a very very very long time! 

Man I was [PoorWordUsage]ed when that delay of game never got called and being that a touchdown came from it was even worse but in the end we found a way to make it happen. My blood pressure was also on the rise there at the end.  Awesome game!

Ain't this fun?

Seriously, it's been a joy flipping around on the sports channels and seeing the Goph's not only noticed but with a major hint of respect.

Moved to MN 40 years ago, it's about dam time boy's.

I think the IA game will be a tougher test than Penn State.

That game from a MN sports fans perspective has loss written all over it.

Prove me wrong Gophers, continue to row that boat.

Bring that effing bacon statue home!!!!!

Well that game went about as expected. Was worse for me, because my directv went out, so I had to listen to the game. Couple plays I wish they would have done differently...go for the touchdown at the end of the first half, instead of field goal. And when it was 4th down midway through the 4th quarter, they should have kicked the field goal instead of going for it. Was fun having a top ten ranking while it lasted. That loss guaranteed gameday won’t be here for Wisconsin game.

Just one of those games where we didn't get the bounces to go our way like earlier in the season.

So.........win the next two games, get absolutely crushed by Ohio State and then head to the Rose Bowl.

I can live with that. :)

Gameday will be here next week! As cool and exciting as that will be...I have absolutely no ambition to attend! The initial thought sounds fun, but I really don’t want to stand around in a crowd for 3+ hours, in the cold and snow, watching sports casters that I can’t even hear ?

Anyway, they should move up 2 spots in the rankings. Could’ve been 3 spots had the refs not given Oklahoma a gift 1st down to end the game against TCU. Apparently the committee must really want the sooners to get that 4th playoff spot.