• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Birds Everywhere!!!!

Hawg

4 minutes ago, going4it said:

Cool pic from tonight. 

B7568DAB-A4CC-4C10-91AC-C65C1972DAC1.jpeg

Snow has been so deep I didn’t do anything with my wood duck boxes.  Looked at em Tuesday in the snowstorm and figured I was already cutting it too close. 

I've been gone for a couple weeks. Where did all this dump come from on the right side and top of the page? Can I make it go away?

Edited by Hawg

13 minutes ago, Hawg said:

I've been gone for a couple weeks. Where did all this dump come from on the right side and top of the page? Can I make it go away?

I can’t tell ya since I’m pretty much always accessing by phone.  But I do get a banner that drops down from the top at annoying times.  Probably the same style of advertising.

1 hour ago, Mike89 said:

finally seen some kill deer and sand hill cranes today!!!  thought I saw a vulture too but way to far off...   

No killdeer yet but I saw Sandhills dabbling the edge of a roadside pond between Zim and Princeton yesterday.

Today I watched 6 woodies (4 drakes and 2 hens) drop in at home.  Lots of ice and trees coming down the river while ducks are flying up.

Ice out on the backyard pond on Saturday and counted 3 pairs of woodies hanging around, including my deck railing.  Got the duck house up and stocked with fresh wood shavings. 

Hopefully I can get another nest year.  My backyard out in the burbs has produced about 60 wood ducks in the past 3 years and probably fed the snapping turtle that lives out there too.

Sheez…. I wish I had a phone scope so I could grab a pic.  Watching 8 beautiful drake hooded mergansers courting 1 hen.  The rivalry is intense!  Crests at full display with heads being tossed back and forth and occasionally trying to run one another off.  All swimming back and forth in a super tight group.  Heckuva show.

14 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Sheez…. I wish I had a phone scope so I could grab a pic.  Watching 8 beautiful drake hooded mergansers courting 1 hen.  The rivalry is intense!  Crests at full display with heads being tossed back and forth and occasionally trying to run one another off.  All swimming back and forth in a super tight group.  Heckuva show.

And you didn't do that in your single years!!🥴🤣🤭

Saw these 2 in front of a local "artists" house on my coffee run this morning. Been complaining to the city for years about what is referred to as cultural expression after I was told to take down my archery targets on the 2 empty lots behind his house that I happen to own. Gotta contact mattell and get some new decoys.20220412_065507.thumb.jpg.59d0cf60dea701ecfdedb04a1a241d92.jpg

13 hours ago, Ronnie D said:

Saw these 2 in front of a local "artists" house on my coffee run this morning. Been complaining to the city for years about what is referred to as cultural expression after I was told to take down my archery targets on the 2 empty lots behind his house that I happen to own. Gotta contact mattell and get some new decoys.20220412_065507.thumb.jpg.59d0cf60dea701ecfdedb04a1a241d92.jpg

What the heck kind of mutant Turkeys you got there?  That one look part pigeon! 😆

2 hours ago, Mike89 said:

man you sure now birds!!   how many different ducks have you hunted.. I recall your trip out in the north west and the pics!!!   

Kinda just the ones I can eat! 😄

I knew the number on ducks before but can’t recall now off the top of my head.  I think 43 species is the North American Waterfowl Slam.  I’m not really trying or thinking I’ll ever pursue that but I’m over halfway there.

Need to plan some more special trips to get much closer!  And takes 🤑.

Wife is bugging me to take my bird feeder down because of bird flu warnings about feeders on the news. What are you guys doing? I really don’t want to but it may be the responsible thing to do, just not sure How “responsible” I am. 

3 hours ago, Hawg said:

Wife is bugging me to take my bird feeder down because of bird flu warnings about feeders on the news. What are you guys doing? I really don’t want to but it may be the responsible thing to do, just not sure How “responsible” I am. 

i'm leaving mine up AND continue to feed the birds at the cabin also!!!!!!!!!!!!! until i see dead birds laying around.........this is what i';m doing!!!!!!

i simply an not going to jump everytime someone cries wolf!!!!!!!