• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Birds Everywhere!!!!

Hawg

Have any of you central Minnesota guys seen or heard of any bears at feeders yet? No sign of any around my feeders in Brainerd, in fact only one skunk and two raccoons so far which again is highly unusual for this time of year. Since I live in town I usually only get the Bears once or twice a year so I’ve kind of been waiting till the bear tears up my feeder before I put out the oriole stuff and do spring cleaning and fix up. That’s got to be getting pretty close too. Any bears?

Edited by Hawg

21 minutes ago, Hawg said:

Have any of you central Minnesota guys seen or heard of any bears at feeders yet? No sign of any around my feeders in Brainerd, in fact only one skunk and two raccoons so far which again is highly unusual for this time of year. Since I live in town I usually only get the Bears once or twice a year so I’ve kind of been waiting till the bear tears up my feeder before I put out the oriole stuff and do spring cleaning and fix up. That’s got to be getting pretty close too. Any bears?

Our campgrounds on Edward lake gets hit every summer by a few of the resident Bears. 

img_1_1650894620193.jpg

20210509_083058.jpg

Edited by leech~~

20 minutes ago, Hawg said:

Haven’t seen any or heard any reports yet either, except in the Hillman area an empty den was found last week.

4 hours ago, Hawg said:

I pull my feeders up here in Ely at the end of March. I haven't seen any yet, but others up here have.

1 hour ago, chaffmj said:

Is this better Wanderer? 😁

DSC07047_(2).thumb.jpg.8d6a045ceb9da6c3f96e02de19634ec4.jpg

How about an emu?  And where’s Doug? Looking for some liberty, eh? 😉

But to stay on topic; we have what I’m thinking is a sick swan hanging around.  Young one and staying solo for the past couple days.

7A85E247-4051-4247-A4F4-6F2C3391F30D.thumb.jpeg.75bfe6c243f267cf12929a965341a5a5.jpeg