• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Birds Everywhere!!!!

Hawg

i hear that alot about the bears. the cabin is in the heart of itasca county, chippewa national forest. i've hunted bears a mile from the cabin, yet i feed the birds all year round.........when i get up there any really never have issues with bears getting at the bird feeders?????/

Our campground bird feeds are getting hit hard by Bear's right now. Last Sat morning I went for a golf cart ride down the dirt road in to look for deer about 7:30am.  Had about a 300-350lber come out on the road right in front of me. He didn't hang around long so I only got track pictures by the time I got my phone out.

184606043_2932655603649082_4803063668755834245_n.jpg

10 hours ago, Wanderer said:

I read to top of your comment and was going to say “pics or it didn’t happen”.  And to my surprise you actually posted a pic! 

Funny thing, I posted that I just saw a Bear on the campground facebook page.  Just like you some smart aas gal posted, should have taken a picture!! 

I drove back down to the road and took these track pictures.  I then posted' Kathy, There I risked my life to go back and get these pictures (just for you) ?  

?

8 minutes ago, smurfy said:

has anyone seen any bluebirds yet???? my barn/tree swallows bailed a couple weeks ago it seems and aint been back???????

how about wrens??????????/

No bluebirds but I’m pretty sure I saw wrens in the metro area this past week.

18 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

Funny thing, I posted that I just saw a Bear on the campground facebook page.  Just like you some smart aas gal posted, should have taken a picture!! 

I drove back down to the road and took these track pictures.  I then posted' Kathy, There I risked my life to go back and get these pictures (just for you) ?  

?

Risked yer life eh?  

Now pilgrim, can you skin griz?

For the last few years it seems like it’s getting weirder and weirder for watching and feeding birds. I had a hummingbird sighting a week ago and none since, I had one oriole two weeks ago and only one since, it just keeps getting weirder and weirder. I have absolutely zero little ground feeding type birds of any species. Weird weird weird

the hummingbirds are crazy at the cabin up north, i was up for 6 days last week, we have 5 feeders out and i filled 2 of them 3 times and the rest once.  i'm happy with what i have for them around home, i did see a wren built a nest in t he wren house, but i only had the barn swallows around for a brief few days then they disappeared ? and the sparrows that took over lost there housing ........i pulled  the holes. orioles.......i have some. cardinals are still around too!!!!!!!!?

Jerry Carlson had an interesting article in the st cloud times today about bluebirds. it explains why there arent many bluebirds around. there blaming the polar vortex...or the massive winter storm they had this spring down south. they were finding dead bluebirds all over in the bluebird houses. that and the lack of food........aka bugs, alot starved.

the article also said that weather took a hit on robins also!!!!

14 minutes ago, going4it said:

Have not been noticing any difference in north anoka county. Always fun to see them. Can’t wait for the eggs to hatch and having 4-5 on the deck at a time looking for bugs in the lawn

Glad someone has them!?