• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Birds Everywhere!!!!

Hawg

I have squirrels so big Cub would be proud to sell. You guys don’t tell Boar or I’ll have a stand in my back yard with a Weber burning underneath it. 😉   BIG NEWS - this post got me up to “Rookie” !!!!!!!

Edited by Hawg

1 hour ago, Hawg said:

I have squirrels so big Cub would be proud to sell. You guys don’t tell Boar or I’ll have a stand in my back yard with a Weber burning underneath it. 😉   BIG NEWS - this post got me up to “Rookie” !!!!!!!

🤣 Boar usually finds his stuff laying on a road!!!!!!!!!🤭

Bird activity sure slowed down, few here and there then a few woodpeckers come around. Did see a pile of mallards on the open water of the horseshoe chain yesterday.

Edited by smurfy

here on star lake the bird activity is up the last 2-3 weeks. a lot of finches, woodpeckers, blue Jay's and barn sparrows. I have to fill one feeder every day with sunflower seeds and cracked corn. Yes the one squirrels help a lot. The affiliated wood peckers have started to come back every day around 3 30 every day.  It is nice to see them back.

57 minutes ago, fishingstar said:

no Litchfield

closer to me then i thought........i'm in cold spring. richmond born and raised.

i asked because my wife's parents grew up in that area by dent!!!!!!!

Smurfy, I’m thinking my mystery birds were House Finches more and more. Maybe I didn’t get the right pictures. When they are mixed they look incredibly similar. I think Purples have a touch more definition in their wings but body shape is a little different. 

bird visits arent fast and furious but seeing a few at the home front. some different variety of woodpeckers chickadees and finches.

at the cabin its all chickadees, blue jays, a few woodpeckers and squirrels. seen 3 of the 4 back squirrels which is cool. sure wish our flying squirrels where still around!!!!!

the eagles and crows or whatever them dam things are sure didnt take long to polish off the fish guts on the lake either!!!!!!!  

running water this morning for my coffee, i noticed all kinds of birds in my neighbors birch tree. looked at the feeders and couldnt figure out why they werent on them???

got my binocs out and figured out why.........there musta been 30 or so cedar waxwings there!!!!!

1 hour ago, chaffmj said:

Just got back after being away for a few days when this lone White breasted nuthatch showed up and just sat under the feeders looking out for about a half hour while I was eating my lunch.

DSC06743_(2).thumb.jpg.d811b6542915d88df67e9127c2e4862c.jpg

DSC06744_(2).thumb.jpg.d0e2ae5d040feb0a2dbde03df92c22bd.jpg

Probably waiting for that person-to fill the dang feeder now that their back! 😄

4 hours ago, chaffmj said:

I know these are not birds but here is what come in to get the seeds the birds spill.

559524424_DSC06746(2).thumb.JPG.d0fa9b13074c21fdd7bd28b08a7c925d.JPG

we have the same thing at the cabin...usually at night, at least when we are there.

here at home my feeders have been really busy with finches!!!!!!!!!!

we arent by Ely.......but we have close to 24 inches of snow in the talmoon, Marcell area!!!!!

Edited by smurfy