• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Birds Everywhere!!!!

Hawg

3 hours ago, smurfy said:

🤣 i plead the fifth!!!!!!!!! and i catch her looking at the strutters too!!!!!!!!🥴🤣

heck we all look!!  we are not dead yet!!!!!    and yes I tell the GF that smurf!!!!   🤣

16 minutes ago, Hawg said:

Redpolls everywhere now, man can they empty  a sunflower or safflower feeder fast. Getting expensive at todays prices! Do they leave or stay all summer?

According to google 👍 they should head north into Canada in the near future.

Just read this in the strib

But songbirds are likely at very little risk of carrying the disease, according to Carstensen and the DNR.

There have only been a handful of known bird flu cases in songbirds throughout history, Carstensen said.

"The risk of them carrying the virus isn't high, but it is certainly not impossible," she said. "Birdfeeders are probably not very problematic."

This seems to contradict what the Raptor center stated a week ago. Hoping more name calling doesn’t get started again. 

btw saw my first killdeer yesterday.

One chicken farmer (your grocery store supplier) was telling me they usually see about 40, yes 40 eagles visit the “compost pile”.  The pile the dead chickens get tossed into.

Lately there’s just been a few around regularly.

They don’t have the flu at their farm but others in the area do and of course eagles move around a bit.  So the question is, how may eagles have contracted it?