• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Time for a smoke

Hunt fish, did you grill that whole back strap?? What seasonings do you use.

Nothing personal, but on your second set of pictures, I'd of stopped before the cream of soups. It does look good though.

Gave me a good chuckle your daughter giving you permission when to cook it 🤣

I grilled the whole backstrap on my pellet grill. 

I agree. I enjoy it cooked without the soup but cooking it this way is something I’ve eaten since I was a kid so there it’s a little sentimental with the soups. If I’m cooking it that way without the soup I like to add some red/green/yellow peppers. The flavors all together are awesome. I’ve always wanted to make it like that but also add some fresh jalapeños to spice it up a bit. 

My daughter has been very stingy with her deer meat from last season. I had some out and she says to me “I know that’s not my deer you have in the fridge. Because I’m sure you’d say something if you were planning on cooking my deer”. The sass is unreal In that girl. I’m just glad she enjoys hunting. She loves animals so I wasn’t sure how she’d be shooting one. After she shot her buck last year I was talking to her about it. I asked her how she was doing and she says “ I’d feel bad if they didn’t taste so good”. 

1 hour ago, snagfinder said:

Took my 8 year old boy with bow hunting last night and we didnt get anything of course but all he kept talking about was how we were going to eat it.  Guess this year we are making deer meatballs. He ate all the nasty ducks so far this year so i guess meatballs it is when we get one.  My 4 year old daughter wanted to know if we could shoot all the squirrels in the yard and make beef jerky from them.  Time to get out the air rifle.

Good God. What are you doing to these poor children? 😟

They want to eat all the animals! 😆

25 minutes ago, rundrave said:

Cheap bacon? I didn't know such a thing still existed? lol

Nice work on the fatty I still have yet to do one myself. You may have inspired me to try one now.

I figured the cheap transparent bacon would probably crisp up nicer!

1 hour ago, Mike89 said:

so leech, you are just splitting them right?  or are you taking the backbone out??   and they look great!!!!   enjoy!!!  👍

Yep cutting the back bone out with a meat shears.