• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Time for a smoke

5 hours ago, Mike89 said:

well leech gave me the idea of making those smoked shotgun shells!!  so I did make and they turned out great!!!  will be doing them again!!!   so thanks for the idea leech!!!   

Now if I could just give you an idea how to post pictures!  😋

On 9/25/2022 at 5:04 PM, Ronnie D said:

Found a recipe to make some mushroom jerky. Looking to slice & marinade a hen of da woods.

Anyone tried da jerky or tried to smoke shrooms. 

Interesting, the problem with trying to treat shrooms like meat for jerky or burgers is their about 90% water and don't really brown up until there's nothing left!  Good luck!  Post picks.  👍

Making my yearly batch of sweet veni- Italian sausage. I usually wrap & freeze fresh , but everything's betta w/ smoke. I have to make jerky in a box smoker anyway so i was wondering how long/ temp to flavor smoke a 5#  coil 2 to 1 veni- pork mix. I'm thinking cherry wood / coal / sugar cane for smoke , unless somebody's got a better smoke flavor mix to offer

7 hours ago, leech~~ said:

And had to bang on the door to be let back in! 🤭

Maybe he heard you in the Echo? 😉

Were the colors still good or already past prime?  I’m hoping to be up there this weekend but the weather looks a bit ick.

On 10/10/2022 at 10:17 PM, leech~~ said:

Yes indeed, lunch at the Grand Ely with the wife. Who saw me?  😀

We weren't to hard to miss, we locked ourselves out on the outside balcony when we went out to take some pictures. And had to bang on the door to be let back in! 🤭

It was me but I was running a little late for a presentation in another room that my wife was announcing the speaker for. Luckly for me I got there on time! 🙂

1 minute ago, chaffmj said:

It was me but I was running a little late for a presentation in another room that my wife was announcing the speaker for. Luckly for me I got there on time! 🙂

Well good thing our banging on the windows didn't interrupt anything!  😄