• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Time for a smoke

21 hours ago, smurfy said:

Italian sausage with onions, garlic hash browns and 3 different cheeses. We call it world famous.

Any sausage works for this, venny sausage also 

IMG_20220314_182033109.jpg

Looks great except for the Jif peanut butter. Go Skippy or go home. Even my 3 year old granddaughter knows it has to be Skippy!

On 3/13/2022 at 10:03 PM, Ronnie D said:

Looks good. Can ya post the summer sausage recipe , I've got a few roast cuts that need using up.

Much appreciated.

Actually... I have really fell in love with the PS Seasoning Jalapeno kit that is sold at Scheels. Some day I will work on recreating it, but for the now this seems that best. The kit includes seasoning, cure, and casings for $20 and does 25#. I add 1.5# of high-temp cheddar to mine.

On 3/18/2022 at 9:10 AM, snagfinder said:

You know if you buy it from ps seasonings direct it would be like 9.99

The kit from PS directly acutally is the same price as it is at scheels. You can buy the seasoning and casings separately from PS and save about $4

https://www.psseasoning.com/collections/sausage-making-kits/products/jalapeno-summer-sausage-kit