• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Don't you hate it when.....

DonBo

We had fun with this a few years ago. Let's hear what happens to you while bowhunting that you just hate?

Here's one that happened to me just the other day: I was texting a friend while on stand about a small buck in front of me. While trying to shut off my phone, I accidentally hit Pandora, and Creedence was playing at MAX volume.  Thought he was going to break his neck, his head popped up so fast.  I hate when that happens.

...you've been in your stand a while and realize your bow is still tied to your rope at the bottom of the tree?

...you drive all the way to your hunting property and realize your bow is still home in the garage?

...you have the biggest buck you've seen in years right under your stand, and you filled your buck tag on a forkie just 12 hours ago?

Well not bow hunting but still deer hunting.

Don't you hate it when...

...you go to set up your climbing stand on the tree and you drop the locking pin into six inches of snow, in the dark.  Took my 20 minutes to find it.

...when you finally climb the tree and get all set up and you go to load the rifle and you drop the ammo.  Of course it clanks off every possible piece of metal and then lands back into the previously mentioned six inches of snow, oh and its still dark.

...when you arrive at your prescouted hunting spot at 5am opening morning only to find that the entire area had been clear cut earlier that week.  I scouted the area 3 weeks prior and saw no evidence of a planned cut.

You bend over to grab your stand and stick your butt right into a bunch of burrs which just about covers your whole hind end.  Then every time you move in your stand, it sounds like you're ripping your pants.  The next half hour is spent picking the bastages off your rear until your fingertips are raw.  LOL.

You bend over to grab your stand and stick your butt right into a bunch of burrs which just about covers your whole hind end.  Then every time you move in your stand, it sounds like you're ripping your pants.  The next half hour is spent picking the bastages off your rear until your fingertips are raw.  LOL.

Yikes!

Got another one.

When its -10 and you drop your glove and last hand warmer on the ground while you are 20 feet up in a tree.

Seriously I seem to drop a lot of stuff.  I need to start putting a tether on every piece of gear I bring hunting. Fortunately I haven't dropped myself yet, but I am tethered to the tree just in case.

When you have to leave your tree stand early and you scan and see no deer in the area, 1, You lower your bow down, 2, Get set to drop down your stand and BAM!!! there he is coming your way mister buck! You freeze look down at your bow, while you hold your stand in one hand and he sees you, walks up to within 10 yards looks sniffs and walks away slowly KNOWING you can do not a **** about it!!! (up at Camp Ripley this weekend.)

When you get to full draw and with impeccable timing, your friends wife mistakenly calls the phone, you had no idea you had with.  Just to watch the biggest buck you've had an opportunity at freeze 35yd out facing you, just to turn and bound off.

- You're bow hunting with your son (11) and he's calling in a buck with a grunt tube and just before the buck is about to enter the woods from the cut corn, an SUV comes flying down the road, screeches to a stop and hits his brights on the buck until it runs away (happened tonight) - still had a blast though.

- You're bowhunting with your kids and at last light you hear the big buck crunching through the leaves behind your blind. Crunch, crunch, crunch. "Kids, he's right behind us you whisper?" Everyone's on edge. And all hell breaks loose as the squirrel pops into the blind. I think everyone was screaming in the blind. Even the squirrel.

dont you hate when u spend 5 weeks baiting bear and finnaly a decent bear comes into  the page durring shooting hours,  then it happens to be opening bow season is the next opportunity to hunt and he gose nocturnal from all the more activity in the woods. sorry just had to put that in ther.:whistle::P:D

When your in a hurry to get to the stand because your late and you get to the field to get dressed and you realize you left your tailgate open and your bow is gone. ....

I hate driving home slowly looking for a bow in the ditch. ....but I don't mind finding it in its case, in the driveway, right where I left it. 

I don't like how long it takes to get light in the morning, seems to take forever to get light enough to see what is making those noises or to shoot, yet in the evening it goes from light to dark in like seconds....

... you realize you left your tailgate open and your bow is gone. ....

Oh yeah, I'd hate that.

..when you plan on hunting all weekend, then fill a bonus tag Friday night and spend the weekend butchering instead? Oh wait, guess I didn't hate that all that much.  :)

...when you just can't wait to post a picture of your 10 year old son with his first deer, but it just won't come together for him!  We've been so close a bunch of times over the past couple weeks, but no bueno so far.  I hope to post a pic soon, but it just hasn't happened yet...

your buddy takes you to his favorite spot to help you take your first bow deer but forgets the bucket for the blind so your knees get so sore from kneeling you just have to get out and go stand against a tree.  then when you get there your pants are so full of cockleburs you can't stand still so you start to pull them off....but they just get stuck to your gloves.  so set your bow down and take one glove off, so you can pull the burrs off the other glove so maybe, just maybe you could shoot if the....oh oh...yup you guessed it...just when you're bent over puling burrs off your pants and your fingers stuck together with burrs the doe comes running up, screeches to a halt at 15 yards and the buck almost runs her over!  all you can do is watch them go and wave goodbye with your cocklebur covered glove while your bow sits on the ground!  too funny!  I'll never live that one down!