• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Egg Boiling People

with Easter right around the corner hopefully this thread will pick up some traction…could get to 100 pages by then.

I envision hundreds of eggs that will be ready for my kids to decorate, hope they like the hole in the end.

The 11 pages on this post caught my eye. After reading all 11 of them...I was hungry for eggs. This is a fairly easy thing to test. Here are my results:

I followed eyeguy54's exact process using 4 eggs. Two I poked, two I did not.

The eggs did peel easily. But I didn't notice a difference between the poked and unpoked eggs with regard to how easily they peeled.

I will say that this process yeilded an easier peel than I normally had with my regular process which was:

1.) Put eggs in pot of cold water

2.) Bring to boil

3.) Boil for 3 minutes (full boil)

4.) Turn off heat and cover for 8 minutes

My conclusion is that eyeguy's process does yeild an easier to peel egg. However, based on my test - the poking doesn't add anything to the equation.

Did some poking last night. I've got to say, this might be the best thing I've ever learned from this site! I will be eating a lot more hard boiled eggs in the future. I will be trying my hand at pickling some early next week.

smoke em ! much better. smile good to have another poker joing the ranks. wink

I agree. While I love pickled eggs, the smoked eggs are where its at. I cold smoked mine for a couple hours while smoking some cheese and they turned out awesome.