• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Egg Boiling People

I find steaming eggs in a 1/2 inch of water for 12 min then an ice bath works great also. Much better texture, softer and creamier in my opinion.Have not had an egg not cooperate since I started steaming them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZT92fRAe9k

DIRECTIONS

Place eggs in a large saucepan. Cover them with cool water by 1 inch. Slowly bring water to a boil over medium heat; when the water has reached a boil, cover and remove from heat. Let sit 12 minutes.

Transfer eggs to a colander; place under cool running water to stop the cooking. Eggs can be peeled and served immediately.

tumblr_m42o02gdC01ro07b4o1_500.gif

LMIT, you're a diabolical genius and grand master at stirring the pot. I know you were just sitting in the weeds waiting for the right time and then when everyone was at ease you tossed that out. grin Too funny!

That being said I'm a poker. I just can't convince my wife it's the best thing for both of us. She made some eggs the other day and I ended up not eating any of them. Too much work to peel when she does them her way which is no poke.

LMIT, you're a diabolical genius and grand master at stirring the pot. I know you were just sitting in the weeds waiting for the right time and then when everyone was at ease you tossed that out. grin Too funny!

As a contributor to the first and second most replied to threads in the cooking forum (is there a theme here??? whistle ) I figured I'd post this egg peeling story I saw the other day to help those who are looking for an easier way to peel eggs and don't want to waste time poking them. No pot stirring intended.

BTW, the Pizza Corner I had tonight was ridiculously awesome as always. wink