• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My wife shot a nice buck!

No she has been bow hunting for couple of years....We got into the stand @ 5:0O PM. At 5:15 she taps me on the leg, and saids "there is a big buck right behind us". I told quit kidding around. She gets a "serious look" that only a husband knows - so I turn around and the buck is standing at 25 yards away and coming. She gets ready and pulls back and shoots. The arrow hits in the back leg and angles sharp towards the chest! The buck trots off, and then starts walking after 100 yards. She looks at me with tears in her eyes, cause she thought she crippled it. I told her that the deer looked really sick, but the shot was poor. We left the stand that night without even looking for blood, and got out quiet. We found it the next morning less than 200 yards from the stand. She ended up hitting the femoral artery. Needless to say, she is very excited and the buck is going on the wall.

The right side g2 is 10.5".

No she has been bow hunting for couple of years.... She gets a "serious look" that only a husband knows - She looks at me with tears in her eyes, cause she thought she crippled it. Needless to say, she is very excited and the buck is going on the wall.

PRICELESS! Great story, and pics! i love it when hunters are passionate!

I am fortunate to have a couple on the wall myself...but the buck she shot has a bigger frame than any of my bucks I've shot.

Scouted the area with cameras all year, and never had a picture of this buck. I forgot to mention, after she shot the buck, we had a younger 10 point (see attached pic) walk by @ 15 yards at 7:00 PM.

It was a awesome night full of emotions!!! But the greatest emotion is when I saw a big rack sticking out of the grass that morning, and my wife being so excited and proud!

Thanks for all the feedback!

full-42006-25020-pict0956.jpg