• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2012 Trail Cam Thread

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice shots! I really like that they have added Date & Time to these cameras, but it would be so helpfull if they would add GPS to them so we um, a guy could remember where he took them the next year! grin

First time poster and pretty new to deer hunting in general. I am really bad at guessing how old bucks are so I would appreciate if you guys could help me on these deer. The first two are is from this summer. The third was from last October and we are pretty sure he made it through last season. They aren't anything special but hopefully in a couple years we will have some nice bucks running around!

full-42032-24376-deer1better.gif

full-42032-24377-deer2.gif

full-42032-24379-deer3jpg.jpg

Thanks!

The first two might depend on your area and how much food/genetics going for you. My gut said 3.5 and 2.5 but you might have a couple of stud 2.5 and 1.5 year old deer on your hands.

The last one is clearly a mature old buck. Hard to say for sure but he could be as young as 4.5 or as old as 10, you just never know.

Without a pic of the first one sideways I couldn't guess age but I think he is an older deer based on the mass I can see, second one to me at least isn't mature yet, 3rd one Is for sure mature.

Had you asked which one I would shoot based on antler, 1st pic would be my choice He has some TALL height on him and I'm partial to 10++ points. The 3rd pic would be making the ride home as well

I've been amazed at how many times I catch a nice one on camera late in Aug/early Sept. and I never see them again.

Probably due to hormones rising and some of the buck groups breaking up. However, even if he might not be living in your hunting area he is probably close enough to venture back during the rut.

If he were on my camera I'd have my sights set on him as well.