• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Meat Sales

with the chuck roasts being on sale at cubs this week at 2.98 lb. i went today to check on the chuck eye steak prices and sure enough they were mared down to 4.99 instead of the 6.09 per pound last week. so i grabed 4 packs with two per pack. will get more this week and freeze them. in my opinion they are the best steak there is with a rib steak second place. usualy when chuck roasts are on sale chuckeys get marked down. good luck.

Walmarts don't always coordinate food sales.. it usually comes down to each stores stock on hand.. one day i went into our local walmart and found lean ground beef for 0.99/lb.. because it was a day from expiration.. bought me a ton of ground beef that day and froze it

stopped at the super walmart in Fridley today. 1.98 for spare ribs, 1.78 lb for spareribs frozen in a two pac. 1.98 lb for whole beef texas ribs and the had large whole beef packer briskets [seen some 16 pounds] for 2.59 lb. good luck.

those beef texas ribs have the larger rib bone but the meat is awesome. wish i had a power saw so i could cut them in strips. i seasoned mine with a little salt some pepper and smeared some minced garlic on the whole rack. then i made some kalbi mop sauce and moped it during the cooking cycle on the barrel smoker/grill and a 250 temp. they were moist and tender and awesome. i thank the person who originaly told me that walmart had them.

cubs has them but at three bucks a pound split. on a side note, while i was at the super walmart i noticed they had whole chicken legs split in half. never seen this before and i'm having that tonight. not seperated fron the thigh and drum but actualy split length wise. probably cooks faster, but i'm putting rub on them and blast them with apple juice through the cooking cycle. good luck.

Rainbow has whole boneless pork loins for 1.99 lb. you can make chops roasts or bnls ribs out of them. also can make canadian bacon cool. Cubs has a good coupon item on a 5 lb. bag of bnls chicken breasts or tenders in a buy one get one. also has T bones or porters for 6.99lb. good luck.

The Adolph Store on Midway Road and Old Hwy 2 in Hermantown usually has some great prices. Picked up 4 bacon wrapped sirloin filets 4/$10. They also had some NY strips for a couple bucks a piece. I believe both were regular prices. Its one of those places that you probably wouldn't even think to stop at unless you knew what was there.

rainbow has chicken drumsticks,thighs, and leg quarters in jumbo pacs for 88 cents lb. also has chuck roast or steaks for 2.99 lb. county market has 80% ground beef for 2.48 lb in three pound tubes. also they have their Wednesday add only with spareribs for 2 bucks lb. Hormel bacon 3 bucks lb. and whole boneless porkloins for 2 bucks lb. this is for this Wednesday only at county market. good luck.