• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Meat Sales

Done them both ways, with and without brining. Turned out great either way. I like hickory, but apple or cherry are a little more subtle if you like that. My elect smoker works best if I try to keep the temp around 200. I'm sure a marinade or baste would be good. A breast takes me about 4 or 5 hours if I remember correctly.

The best pastrami I've made with my smoker is wild turkey pastrami. I never did it using farmed turkey, but I have to believe it would be great. Anyone know how long that sale lasts? I'm out of town otherwise I would be taking advantage of it.

Havnt tried a turkey breast as I would rather have the skin on in the smoker so it doesnt dry out.

Ooops not sure what I was thinking. Maybe the deli lol Turkey breast would be fine and the skin keeps in the juices but isnt hardly edible after being smoked and is more like rubber.

Anoka Meats. Buy a whole boneless prime "in the bag", approx. 12# and get it for $6.99 a lb. Just bought one today and had it on the grill. Awesome. I was only looking for an 8#, so they cut off the 8#, and seasoned it at my request. Then left the other #4 plain and I cut it into 3 killer ribeyes that I seasoned, vacuum packed and froze. They said the sale should go through next week.

Hey Don

What exactly did you do with the turkey breast for prep?

As others stated above, I have never done just a the breast of a turkey.

You mentioned you have brined and not brined. If you dont brine, are you injecting with anything?

I want to try this.

Hey Don

What exactly did you do with the turkey breast for prep?

As others stated above, I have never done just a the breast of a turkey.

You mentioned you have brined and not brined. If you dont brine, are you injecting with anything?

I want to try this.

Nope, just did a rub. 200-220 for about 6 hours. Turned out perfect! Juicy and tender. We had some for dinner, then let it cool before slicing to be used for sandwiches the rest of the week. The rest I vacuum packed and froze for later.

I did brush some seasoned olive oil on it a few times, but honestly don't know if that did anything to the finished product or not.

BTW, those breasts were still on sale last I looked, but with Thanksgiving coming up, there'll be more turkey sales going on everwhere now.

Cub brand half hams .89 per #...

Does anyone know what happened to Reinhard1 ??? Forum is kinda slow with out him. Hope is OK..

Reinhard is ok. Just got done PM'ing him a couple of days ago. He is a good man. I agree. The forum is kinda slow without him.