• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Meat Sales

Del - Are you saying $2.49 is normal price at Sams for St Louis? I have a Costco Card I haven't used for a long time. I wonder if it's the same there? I have about a dozen racks in the freezer @ $1.97, but when they aren't on sale for that, $2.49 is as good as it gets.

well the sale items i see this week are at cubs with chicken drumsticks or thighs in value pacs for 99cent lb. rainbow has whole boneless pork loins at 1.88 lb. {excelent price]. also 25% off of all ground beef. county markets in your area have bnls. chuck roast for 2.98 lb. sirloin ball tip steaks for 3.99 [great marinaded], t bones for 6.98 lb. and porketta roast for 2.69 lb. good luck.

I've made CB out of those, but I soaked out the salt solution they have in them. I also took one a smoked in tow pieces, then cut it into chops and froze those in 4-packs. Now I can just pull the smoked chops out of the freezer, thaw, coat in a little EVOO and throw them on the grill. They are wonderful!

I'll have to pick another up just for this smile

I don't know if it is at all cub foods or not but, last night the wife and

I were at cub in Buffalo and they have a 3 day sale on thick cut bacon in

aprox. 3lb. packs for $1.99 per lb. Sale runs Thursday-Saturday. I laid in

5 packs just over 15lbs. Have to do a little vaccum sealing tonight.

stopped at the super walmart in Fridley today. 1.98 for spare ribs, 1.78 lb for spareribs frozen in a two pac. 1.98 lb for whole beef texas ribs and the had large whole beef packer briskets [seen some 16 pounds] for 2.59 lb. good luck.
whole beef texas ribs ...are these all meat...without the "burger notch"...where they took the meat out?

Coborns in Mora (not sure if all of them are doing this) is selling a meatloaf dinner for $5.00 in the Deli. Big chunk of loaf, a bun and your choice of 2 sides ( you can also pick from anything that they have in the cold salad part of the deli).

Dinner tonight is tasty meat loaf, a gig glob of cheesy potatoes and and their pea & cheese salad.

Heck, you can't get a Big Mac meal for that.

Mean't to post this a couple of days ago, but Rainbow has 80/20 Ground Chuck (not the stuff in a tube) going for $1.98. Limit one per visit for 3 lb package. It won't get any better than that for the best all around burger you can buy.

Well, I igorantly grabbed 2, put in my basket and headed for the self serve checkout. Been there 3 times - sale end Sat. Might need to go once more.

Stock up if you have a chance - Won't see ground chuck at this price much any more.

I was driving through Nebraska on my way to Denver recently and saw hundreds of cows standing in their own feces. It was a terrible sight. I am not sure if it was a dual slaughter house.

Then, I saw other very large land of cows grazing in grass, more than they can chew up. This is what cows eat, but unfortunately, it runs about $8/pound. A big difference in price.

Cub is running bone in pork loin packs for $1.29 Lb Limit one per trip. The one I picked up had 7 nice chops, 6 meaty country style ribs and a good sized roast. For 12 Bucks, thats about 6 meals for our family of 3. I think I have room in the freezer for another. I don't mind paying a little extra for bone in exchange for the added flavor it provides. Love chewing on a pork chop bone.

Not sure if this was advertised or not, but today my Target in North St. Paul had whole turkeys for $.79 lb, and turkey breasts for $.99 lb. Love those turkey breasts on the smoker. smile

Not sure if this was advertised or not, but today my Target in North St. Paul had whole turkeys for $.79 lb, and turkey breasts for $.99 lb. Love those turkey breasts on the smoker. smile

Been wanting to try a turkey breast in the smoker. I'm going to check Target in Blaine tomorrow. Thats a great price and a nice weekend project.