• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Marcum LX9

"Just Add Ice"

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know alot asked for these extra features the Lx-9 will provide and yes it will be cool but impractical for my style of fishing which is run and gun . This LX-9 may be cool in a perm house but slugging it around hole hopping will be a beast . Yes that camera and extra cable for it makes extra weight . As far as the price . The beatching about it will always happen but we all know that would not stop anybody from getting one if we really,really wanted it .LOL . Even us who have (wardens )that we call wives will figger out a way . LOL

TD

Sounds like they are going to show off the final product next week at icast. Looking forward to seeing the demo video.

Before we know it we will be seeing YouTube video's from Icast. I can't wait to see the lx9 and if it's something I can't live without, and waiting to see if Marcum comes out with something like the aqua-vu micro. Also looking forward to seeing that Eskimo ION electric auger that was talked about on here at the end of last season.

Don't be surprised if the LX7 will be able to upgrade to camera capability soon. In fact I think you might see it this year.
I think the LX7 price may drop like a rock this coming year if they don't! wink

Who hoo! Another expensive ice fishing toy that I want but cannot afford lol.

Where's the love for the showdown? It be nice to have a color LCD on that that showdown.

But looks like i'll be picking up an LX7 once you die hard Marcum fans sell yours to upgrade to an LX9. Ha ha. smile

I dont see a lot of guys useing cameras anymore and a lot of lakes they dont work well anyway. I guess I just dont see this as a must have item at 1200 bucks,at least not for me. Cant wait to see Rapalas 1000 dollar auger if they price them like everything else they sell. Its no wonder people are buying less fishing licences each year. When my bucket and way cheaper locator quit catching fish maybe I will upgrade.

I'm sold!!! Now I just need to sell my lx-7 and 625SD camera. I hope we will see the lx-9 in the store MUCH sooner then last season with the lx-7. I would think with getting the bugs worked out last year on the 7 just adding a camera and DVR to it would be a cake walk for Marcum. This is just what I needed to see to get me through these hot days!

I played the get a new unit game everytime one came out and I always caught fish with each unit.

I still fish with a Bird 55 or a Marcum LX5 and catch fish. I have used many cameras and the unit that I thought was the best overall unit for easy access and picture was the Marcum VS380. Yes, I used the marcum models newer than the VS380 and sold it after 6-8 times of using it as I thought my picture on the 380 unit was better.

So, for me, I guess I will stay a bit behind in technology as the units I have help me catch fish very well. When I went from a LX3 to a great LX5, I never saw a increase in the amount of fish caught.

The big question for me is, will they catch you more fish over the unit one now uses?

Who hoo! Another expensive ice fishing toy that I want but cannot afford lol.

Where's the love for the showdown? It be nice to have a color LCD on that that showdown.

But looks like i'll be picking up an LX7 once you die hard Marcum fans sell yours to upgrade to an LX9. Ha ha. smile

You'll catch just as many fish with the 7.

I dont see a lot of guys useing cameras anymore and a lot of lakes they dont work well anyway. I guess I just dont see this as a must have item at 1200 bucks,at least not for me. Cant wait to see Rapalas 1000 dollar auger if they price them like everything else they sell. Its no wonder people are buying less fishing licences each year. When my bucket and way cheaper locator quit catching fish maybe I will upgrade.

They will always catch you fish. Will also save one alot of funds for simply upgrading to the latest greatest.

I'm gonna hold out for the all in one Auger,Locator,GPS,Video/automatic

flip-over shelter,,, should be here soon!

I found a blue print of this very thing leaked from the MarCum offices. It fill catch, filet, and cook your fish for you too. grin

rosie.jpg

Marcum said in that video that "listening to their customers" was a very important thing to them.

Apparently they have a deaf ear to those who care more about a GPS than an underwater camera that isnt even as good as the top model Aqua Vu with the better Sony camera it has.

So is there an advantage to upgrading if you already have a sonar and a camera? I guess aside from a space saving viewpoint I don't see it. If you have the camera down you get to stare at the big blob it puts on your sonar view all day unless you run the cord out to a hole off to the side a ways? I guess I really only use the camera to find structure and bottom transitions and once I am fishing it is usually all sonar unless it's a very light bite. If you don't have either product it'd be an option but surely doesn't seem like its worth $1200 over what I use now. Neat technology though for sure.

Leaving out the GPS just sets them up nicely for next years product.

It takes a ton of time and money to engineer these products. Main reason the price is so high. Market share does not support the lowering of prices like they do for cell phones. These are pretty niche electronics when you look at it.

Maybe, just maybe, there wasn't enough time to get GPS worked in this year?? I don't think some of you have a clue about engineering products like these. Just the gimme gimme gimme but I don't want to pay for it mentality. LOL!

No, I do not work in this industry, but in manufacturing of electronics for another similar sized industry.

I don't mean to pick on anyone in particular. It just sounds like all there are are gripes about how it isn't perfect for them. Then don't buy! But don't insult the people who have worked their punkers off to bring the product to market. A product that NOBODY else has, and when viewing the video a product that is TRULY different than anything out there. Anybody else out there overlaying video with sonar data? I have to wonder if anyone watched the video. It's not JUST a camera and flasher in 1.

Gus, dont insult my or anyone else here intelligence for questioning the value of this new model that lacks a GPS.

Obviously it takes time to develop these things, it should take far less for them to push out a model with an integrated camera since they already had that technology for years. But if they make comments about listening to their customers, there are FAR more customers clammoring for a depthfinder/gps combo than one with depthfinder/camera. Is it a neat idea? Yeah. But at that price I can buy a camera and an HDS5 and have everything.

There are other combo units out there, true, they are not integrated into ONE display, but you could get a depthfinder and camera as one unit with two displays from Vexilar so this isnt the only option out there.

Besides, the sony optics used are not even as good as the ones used in the topline Aqua vu. Low light viewing with not be as good.

I love Marcum, but this model doesnt interest me at all. When it comes with GPS I would consider it, but I dont need the camera. I would rather have a separate unit for that because I would put it in a separate hole anyway and likely have the screen closer to where I sit than the depthfinder would be.

Besides, the sony optics used are not even as good as the ones used in the topline Aqua vu. Low light viewing with not be as good.

Of all the internet stuff I have read, this is the first time I heard that one. Typically Marcum cameras are reguarded as the best option out there. But we can leave that for the Ford/Chevy folks...

Personally I dont understand the big wish for a GPS in my ice fishfinder. Im not going to walk around draggin my trap holding onto a flasher when a small handheld is about the same as carrying a cel-phone. Nor do I like the idea of driving a quad or snowmobile around with a fishfinder in my lap. Now If a unit was going on a boat, then an integrated GPS would be great.

All the diff options out there become personal "nitch" units. They fit into how people fish and what they want. Nothing will ever be perfect for everyone...

This 9 will be really appealing to many but not all. The folks that should be quite interested are those that set up permies and bigger fish houses. Imagin this unit set up and displaying over a big flatscreen - half flasher or graph on an actively fished lure, while the camera is watching a deadstick or two...

I agree with Dark Cloud 100%. I can see having the flasher/camera as one unit, but I would probably prefer having separate units. I have absolutely zero interest in having a flasher/gps or flasher/gps/camera. I don't see the appeal when I can throw Navionics on my iPhone or Android, or have a separate handheld unit. I can stick that in my pocket while I go and drill 20 or 30 holes & pull it out to verify my location....try sticking that combo unit in your pocket!