• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Good Luck Ponder!

FISHINGURU

Are you joking? What isn't there to be excited about. For his first NFL start he did great. Look at how other of the top NFL qb's did in there first start. He kept his team in the game all 4 quarters against a team that has a good shot of going 16-0. You can't just look at a stat line and determine how a guy played. How about all the 3rd and long conversions he made? Mcnabb hasn't done anything like that all year. The thing im most excited about is how he opened up the defense a little. The couldn't stack the box with 9 guys every play. Ponder gives them some threat down the feild which opens it up for Peterson who had his best game of the year.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry - I didn't actually mean to say that Ponder was a rookie sensation, but was more highlighting that most of the other top rookie QBs fit that description. I was lumping him into that group in the sense that they all started as rookies.

Ponder = garbage = shortsightedness

Ponder = the next Tom Brady = delusional

He's somewhere in between and I think that it has more to do with Musgrave's offense than it does with Ponder

I just hope we have some life in our next game, we got some extra rest after the Bucs throttled us, we looked so slow, Ponder's job is keep our D off the field, grind clock, stay in the game because he won't Eli us back in the 4th quarter, 1 drive maybe, more than 1 score not yet. I'll give him 3 years to prove his ability, maybe Sage and TJack can come back ? Or refuel Jeff George or Randall Cunningham, not Richie who shoots free throws granny style. I'd swear he was Opie Taylor lol.

Not bad for the biggest game of his career so far.

234 yds, 3 TD's, 0 INT's, QB Rating of 120.2

It wasn't always pretty and he got lucky a couple times but he played pretty well considering. We need to get him that real #1 WR instead of these #2's and #3's in the #1 spot.

ya i'm not convinced he is the future of the vikes

I doubt they will get rid of him over the winter

i think you could see how bad he is yesterday even though they won

compared to rogers

he doesnt seem to know how to lead receivers he just doesnt have much of an arm

he made one long pass i thinks that might be his longest of the year

i would say if the vikes lose sat night it will be on him

Not bad for the biggest game of his career so far.

234 yds, 3 TD's, 0 INT's, QB Rating of 120.2

It wasn't always pretty and he got lucky a couple times but he played pretty well considering. We need to get him that real #1 WR instead of these #2's and #3's in the #1 spot.

Bump.

Just edit this thread and insert Teddy for Ponder and save yourself from starting up new threads on how good Teddy is going to be.

Plus great insight on how Kalil could help the offense.

In 2011? That story has been coming around every year like groundhog day since 2005.

Childress was going to fix things, Tarvaris was going to be the QB, Frazier was going to fix things, Ponder was going to be the QB, Kalil was going to fix the OL, McNabb was going to fix things, Freeman was going to fix things cuz a 25 YO franchise QB who has been to a pro bowl doesn't hit FA very often, Zimmer is going to fix things now and Teddy is the latest thing rubes are hanging their hopes on even though he hasn't shown he can beat anything but sub .500 defenses and even then hasn't done anything that is above average.

Well I guess the fans don't have much of a choice unless they want to pout about how the team isn't like it used to be decades ago and how we need to go back to signing retread QB's.

Sorry to break the news to ya PurpleFloyd, teams that have a total new coaching staff, lose their starting QB and turn to a rookie before he's ready, lose their elite RB, their best TE, half their O-line, don't have a #1 WR probably aren't going to do very well in the division. That's just on the offense side not to mention the whole new scheme, players, and injuries on defense.

Funny part is you pin all of that on Teddy and think Junkson or some retread could have done better.

Where did I ever pin all that on Teddy? I actually pin it in the Wilfs not the QB. Unlike you I understand the QB isn't going to fix the lack of leadership from the top but go ahead and keep throwing your hopes on every savior they present to you. They are counting on it.

The Wilfs have had a decade to put their stamp on the team. That stamp is last place in the division 4 out of the last 5 years and continual scandals ranging from the love boat straight to the AP scandal.

So yeah, fewer wins, lower win percentage, fewer division titles than any decade in team history and more off field incidents than ever.Plus he was convicted of fraud on top of it. Glad you are proud of that losing tradition and the culture of criminality because he needs lots of fans like yourself to keep the cash flowing his way.

Purple if you have such a problem with the wilfs why not start a thread on that? Its hard to keep up with all the circles youre making in the "ponder" thread. Its chilly, Frazier, wilf, ponder, freeman, blah blah all rolled into one.

Last I checked you can't decide who owns the team so unless you ante up the cash to buy it from them you are stuck with this ownership until they decide to leave themselves.

Good humor PurpleFloyd, I'm sure the Wilfs have a lot to do with the love boat, AP switching his kid, and everything in between. crazy

Now your trying to blame the Wilfs for the players mistakes off the field, sorry to break the news to you but the NFL is full of thugs and criminals.

What's next you gonna blame Robert Craft for the Hernandez murders? It's Steve Bisciotti's fault because Ray Rice knocked out his old lady? Every other owners fault because their players are getting busted with drugs, dui's, rape, theft, ect, ect?

Atleast the year we signed Favre and made it to the NFC Championship game the Wilfs leadership really stepped up that season!! After all according to you it all starts at the top and the QB doesn't have much to do about it.

Don't worry, when the Vikes get through the funk we will let you back up on your soap box and tell us how big of a fan you've been for all these years.

Purple if you have such a problem with the wilfs why not start a thread on that? Its hard to keep up with all the circles youre making in the "ponder" thread. Its chilly, Frazier, wilf, ponder, freeman, blah blah all rolled into one.

Last I checked you can't decide who owns the team so unless you ante up the cash to buy it from them you are stuck with this ownership until they decide to leave themselves.

Sorry you can't keep up. I will try to find a crayon mode grin

You must be young or forgetful. Do you not remember the whole "Culture of accountability" thing they introduced in their first year? Since then I believe the team leads the league in off the field incidents. And yeah, it all starts at the top. Kinda hard to be the moral compass when you get convicted for fraud and racketeering.

the owners ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE for what the players do off the field.

Are the owners responsible for the types of players they surround themselves with? I could understand it if the Vikings were winning Championship after Championship but to be surrounded by the most thugs in the NFL and still have a terrible team? At the very least they are guilty of being poor judges of character.