• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Good Luck Ponder!

FISHINGURU

Lets hope he does a good job, there will be ups and downs but at this point of the season it's all about experience for him. He's had time to learn the system a bit now and get some practice under his belt.

I like what I seen from him last week, he keeps his eyes downfield, makes quick decisions and is mobile.

This week will be one heck of a challenge for him and Dom's defense.

Good luck rookie, lets hope for a bright future, I know I got some renewed excitement for the season now, it was pretty grim there the past few weeks lol.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to guess that pack gets up 14 quick with their passing attak, and then thow every blitz package at the kid and hes going to fold. If the pack can get AP in check right away, its going to be a long day for the vikings. But good luck to the kid, gotta learn sometime right?

I agree Webb. I like how we say "throw him in there" makes a guy wonder if like Aaron Rodgers would've been thrown in there how that would've went as a rookie ? They need time to learn in most cases, not many rookie QB's come in green and thrive. Joe Webb with a sprinkle of Ponder. I don't want him getting killed in there, our O-line is shaky when we throw and AP can make them look better than they are. It was interesting hearing people brag up Baltimore's O-line saying when you have the horses like McKinnie and Burk etc. Big Hutch, you're on your own man and Loadholt his boots are getting slower, luckily he's so huge to get around or through his job is done after the snap lol.

I still think we will see Webb in there playing. He will come in on certain plays. I just want to see what Ponder brings to the field for a full game against a division rival. He can't do much worse, and with AP behind him, that should help ease him in a little better. I personally don't see the pack holding ap for very long. I think he is frustrated with his last game, and is going to be running mad this Sunday.

I would put 9 in the box AP wouldn't scare me as a defensive coordinator with our line play and passing game this season. (This Season). I hope you are right but I don't think we'll run AP much when we're down by 35 points. The pack should easily destroy us, there at a different level with a HOF qb pulling the strings. Watch, vikings 42-pack 7 lol. The pack has little to no running game and I think they with health at certain positions may repeat as tough as it is.

I would put 9 in the box AP wouldn't scare me as a defensive coordinator with our line play and passing game this season. (This Season). I hope you are right but I don't think we'll run AP much when we're down by 35 points. The pack should easily destroy us, there at a different level with a HOF qb pulling the strings. Watch, vikings 42-pack 7 lol. The pack has little to no running game and I think they with health at certain positions may repeat as tough as it is.

They are a bismal in the run game ranked 24th. Just think if they did have a solid run game? I don't see this game being even close. Rodgers will get hit, probably sacked once or twice by allen, but at the same time making him look silly, your vikings defense breaks down and rodgers picks them apart - its over. 45-7 packers. If Rodgers stays healthy all year, I dont see anyone beating the packers all year.

Webb starting...NFW. I don't think Webb should play at all, not even a down or two. It's Ponder's ball now. How can an offense get into rhythm with 2 different qb's? ONE guy needs to take control.

I wanted Webb in there from the beginning instead of McNabb, but considering the circumstances and at this point of the season, Ponder is the only choice. He gets his feet wet this year, and comes out smoking next fall.

Watch for Rudolph to be Ponder's new bestest buddy. AP goes for 125+. McNabb waves his pompoms. Ponder gets game ball. Vikes 34 Pack 31. OK, so maybe just maybe they don't win. Mcnabb still gets to cheerlead, and that's all that matters.

I'll have to respectfully disagree with the "Rodgers is HOF material" comment. At least with a different QB in there, they won't necessarily be able to load the box on every play like they did with McNabb in there. That will definitely help AD, which will in turn help Ponder. Looking forward to this week's game. I like to be optimistic, so I'll say 38-35 Vikes in OT.

Your right Skunked, he was mad after every loss. And he had done well right up until this last game. Even more incentive to break it loose. I can't wait to see Fabio....err I mean Matthews trying to tack down AP all day. Im still drinking the kool-aid and I can see the Vikes winning 31-21.

Your right Skunked, he was mad after every loss. And he had done well right up until this last game. Even more incentive to break it loose. I can't wait to see Fabio....err I mean Matthews trying to tack down AP all day. Im still drinking the kool-aid and I can see the Vikes winning 31-21.

Wouldnt that be the ego kickstarter? To bring your loosing team to beat last years National Champ, a team with a 6-0 record, on your first ever pro start!

Good luck on the win this week Mr Ponder! If he can find a way to beat the hated cheeseheads this weekend, he will be the talk of the media!

Only way I see the Vikes winning is if Rodgers gets a concussion. We have the worst covering CB's, Safeties, and LB's in the game. They'll spread us out and go no huddle and march right down the field, Finley will have a big day. Anyone going across the middle will be golden.

I don't expect to win this one but I wouldn't doubt that we could depending how the game unfolds. I'm looking for Ponder to make some throws and read some defenses, see what the kid is made of!

I'll have to respectfully disagree with the "Rodgers is HOF material" comment.
I don't know what you base that on but okay. The guy has played at the same level or better than most of the HOF-locks in the past year (Brady/Manning/Brees) so you can't argue with his current body of work. Your only argument could be that you think he's a flash in the pan, that his play level will fall dramatically. You have to be fully robed in purple to believe that. Either way, Minnesota will be trading a couple first round picks to Green Bay in twelve years for Rodgers services, just like they did with Favre and all the other Packer leftovers.

I said I respectfully disagreed with that comment. Get hostile much?

He hasn't even started at QB for 4 full seasons, and you think he's a HOFer? Yeah OK.

And he has one Superbowl ring and has been lights out the past two years.

What will keep him from the HOF?

He is for sure playing at a HOF caliber but his career is still a short one. I worry about another concussion or two putting an early end to his career. The talent is there if he can get another 6 years or so under his belt he should be in.

And he has one Superbowl ring and has been lights out the past two years.

What will keep him from the HOF?

2 good years means someone should be in the HOF? Super Bowl ring != HOFer

And what will keep him from the HOF? How about the next 5-8 years in the league? I never said he won't be in the hall at some point, I just said he hasn't earned it yet. A lot can happen between now and when he's done.

2k,

I agree, the next 5 years will play a big part in his HOF status. But he is well on his way to that status, he has the skills sets, he has the other skilled position players, he has the organization, and the most important is he has the best fans grin

He plays at a HOF level but he's still got a long way to go. Injury has ruined many many careers, they don't even have to be career ending just knagging injury that makes that player never the same again. Only time will tell, if he has a long healthy career in the league I'd have no doubt he could be in the HOF.

heck with Rodgers anyway, this is a Ponder thread, hopefully the Vikes have their new elite QB so we can battle it out for years lol

I said I respectfully disagreed with that comment. Get hostile much?

He hasn't even started at QB for 4 full seasons, and you think he's a HOFer? Yeah OK.

If you interpreted my post as hostile, I apologize. That certainly was not the intent. However, I think that you are confusing the wording of the statements here. Someone stating that a player is HOF "material" is different than calling them a HOF lock. All of your posts have said that Rodgers is not not a HOFer. That's not what we were saying. HOF "material" implies that someone is on that track, but as you correctly pointed out, anything can happen from this point on that derails him from that path.

None of this matters too much in the end, so hopefully we can all enjoy a good game.

hopefully the Vikes have their new elite QB so we can battle it out for years lol

Right on. I think that most respectable fans want Ponder to succeed so that the quality rivalry between these teams continues for years to come. Lopsided wins by either side are like hookers, fun for the moment but then leave you with a hollow feeling inside.