• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who's going to be hunting in the snow tomorrow?!?!

lungdeflator

I was thinking of running over to where I hunt in WI for Thursday evening and Friday morning. Going up to Ripley this coming weekend, I doubt any snow will stay that long though. Should be nice weather though according to the forecast.

I wouldn't go out until the storm blows over and then get out there as I have seen in the past, the deer get real active after the storm.

Don't like to get soaked and have the chance of losing a deer due to rain washing away the blood trail! 2c

I'd love to go out tomorrow but the wind has me very nervous. Plus I already have a hard time finding blood trails without wet conditions so I'm thinking Thursday I'm going to sit all day and see what happens. Just think the 50 mph winds we are currently having will keep stuff somewhat put till it lets up a bit.

I was out in a blind mid day today in Big Lake. I saw deer and turkey all over the place in driving rain. I had to run down to coon rapids and saw deer in several places between elk river and anoka. It was the strangest thing. I thought I was going to finally score a fall tom and a dang coyote spooked it. I love this transitioning weather.

I checked both of mine earlier tonight, and they were hanging in there just fine. I was tempted to climb into one of the tree stands just to see what it felt like to sway in 30+ mph winds, but common sense prevailed. I wouldn't mind a little snow--in early December! Right after the lakes have 6" of good clear ice. grin

I'm thinking Thursday, after this storm blows thru, will be an excellent time to be out, the deer should be moving!! I'm already debating my Thursday afternoon strategy, bow hunting or pheasant hunting??!! Will definitely be out bow hunting Friday morning and evening, and Sat morning!!!

When I got home last night our trampoline was about 200 yards East of where it was in the morning. I'm guessing when it went it was pretty quick. Seems to be plenty of trees down even in town here. I can't hunt tonight anyway, but it's a bit too windy I'd say, it'd be one thing if it was Friday, 11/5. Thursday all the way through that Friday night before gun season should be good bow hunting. It's crunch time now boys.

I'm thinking Thursday, after this storm blows thru, will be an excellent time to be out, the deer should be moving!! I'm already debating my Thursday afternoon strategy, bow hunting or pheasant hunting??!! Will definitely be out bow hunting Friday morning and evening, and Sat morning!!!

You are reading my mind, I split up a vacation day and got me a couple of afternoons off that just happen to be Thursday and Friday of this week.

I went out to check one of mine that I want to hunt Friday. It had blown down about 50 yards into a creek. Shook her off, made quite a commotion getting it back to its place and headed out. Glad I did that before scaring everything out of the area on Friday!