• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Another Iowa Monster

mabr

Anyone else seen the monster killed in Iowa already?

Seen the hunt on video on another site. Search Midwest Whitetails and you should find it. looks to be 14 pnts typical. From what they said the guy who shot it(Larry Zach) isnt going to score it.

Interesting!! Very strange video I thought(almost bizarre). Not like any hunting I'm used too. Talking in a normal voice both in the field explaining where the buck will come and where its been feeding and then talking in a normal voice in the blind during the actual hunt.

I guess kudo's to him for pulling that off.

Thats Iowa. I am starting to think that a $500.00 license may not be too much for a trophy hunt there.

$500 bucks.... and a few hundred acres under intense QDM, and cooperative neighbors!

i'm not sold (yet) that the 4-letter state is the premier state for giant whitetails smile

the deer is a brute. larry didn't seem to be to excited, almost like he expected to kill it.

Well it is Iowa so it's kind of expected, you could also substitute Illinois or Kansas or parts of Wisconsin.

Iowa is perfect for monsters, milder temps in the winter compared to us, they are farm fed statewide, no rifle season, I know 2 muzzy and 2 shotgun seasons, large farms and many many have the let em go so he can grow concept choosing to take antlerless for meat. In MN that buck would've been dead years before it had a rack like that, we have a fill tags mentality in MN, there many have a let the deer mature a bit before you harvest them. Leave the inferior deer for the youth to harvest, us grown ups should transition into more patience, let em age, but we're too worried about what the neighbors are up to and they'd shoot it so I might as well, if MN had the same population as Iowa, we still might as a whole bag more mature bucks, we don't split our hunters up like Iowa does, we used to in zone 4, but now it's 25 gun days or 32 if you're a zone 1er, hunting subdivided lands, we need an answer, I think split the rifle season statewide, less days early, more days later, none the less there's a million other issues and factors, either way, we'd all like to get a hog like that Iowa buck, but there isn't a lot of us willing to let bucks shed several racks to get to that point as they crisscross too many properties.

haha not to turn this into this kinda thread but first move gun season later out of the heavy rut. Look at any of the "trophy" states and they have all of their gun hunting later in the year for a reason. End rant back to this nice iowa buck. Any idea on score?