• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

any new bows bought?

trolloni

Well i got suckered about a month ago went to my archery shop and shot the new Hoyt and the Mathews they let me spend some time with each, man o man i went home with that new Z7 wow !!first Mathews i bought always had Hoyt before,im totally happy with it for now ,but she doesnt know about it yet !

Too bad you didn't shoot the bowtech destroyer. Unbelievable!! I shot the destroyer 340, mathews z7, and Hoyt matrix last weekend at archery country in st cloud. Always been a bowtech guy. The z7 had a much smoother draw, cause the solo vs dual cam of bowtech, but the destroyer was by far the superior bow in felt shock or torque. Absolutely zero!! Destroyer was the winner. By all means they were equally nice bows, but never has there been a smoother shootin rig than the bowtech destroyer!!

In a week or two I'll have my destroyer 340!!!!! 340 not 350. I hunt when it's cold, so I'll sacrifice some speed for the extra inch of brace height!!

i just purchased a hoyt xt2000 from a buddy, he had to make room in his place and i wanted a upgrade from my pse nova, if anybody is in the market for a cheap starter bow let me know!

Casey

I purchase 2 new ones this year. One bowtech destroyer 350 and also a athens accomplice 34. Both are great bows the bowtech a speed demon that seems to shoot great. The athens a smooth drawing quick bow that fells great during the shot. If anyone is interested in shooting the athens and is near Alexandria let know I'm part of the athens feild staff team. For a company just starting out they have a great product line so far out of 15 or so people no complaints and actualy had 2 switch over from the big name companies. Hopefully I can whack a turkey with them this year.

Went nuts on a new Hoyt Maxxis 31". Mostly shoot out of a ground blind, have a hard time w/ a bum shoulder climbing up. Go figure, I can still draw a bow tho'. Mini-D site w/ the light source built in rather than the fiber or external light. This thing's a rocket, I can't wait till this fall...

Destroyer was the winner. By all means they were equally nice bows, but never has there been a smoother shootin rig than the bowtech destroyer!!

Got to agree with ya! Bought my Bowtech D340 this past winter and it is a sweet shooting bow! I haven't shot it now for a good month, though!! eek

Finally got my new bow. Bowtech destroyer 340! Outfitted her with a trophy taker smackdown dropaway, fuze stabilizer, and toxonics 5 pin sight. Looks amazing, and shoots better than it looks. As a matter of fact, was shootin tonite, and the first arrow spun the target about 20 degrees. The second arrow punched it's way through the center of the first arrow!!

Have purchased a few new ones lately that include a Great Plains 64" 48# takedown longbow, a Samick red stag 68" 40# longbow (for indoor league), and have a Dwyer 64" 45# longbow on order as we speak. The Great Plains is a shooter for sure and should hit 180+fps. With my 640 gr arrow, it'll kill an elk this fall. Taz

Picked up the DR2 Mathews last week with the down force rest and Extreme Challenger sights. DR2 seemed smoother than the Z7 to me. Traded up from my PSE Thunderbolt. Lots of memeories with the PSE. Feels like i am going thru a divorce.lol

Plan to shoot alot for the next few months before the big day so the new bow feels automatic by then. Going to be fun. My Brother is getting into it this year and purchased the Z7. Like i told him... I hope he likes it affter spending that kind of change on his first ever bow. He will do alright and it will be fun working with him.

Good luck in your out door adventures this year. CC HURL

Just picked up a Mathews Conquest Triumph and all I can say is WOW! This thing is just pure pleasure to shoot. Shot a Mathews Zmax for quite a few years and this was quite the upgrade.

28" 65# with a QAD Ultra HD rest,Optimizer Fiber Optic sight, 6in Axion Silencer Stabilizer with Mathews Harmonic Dampeners, & Beman 340 ICS Elite

shafts.

toddb

Toddb,

That sounds like an awesome setup! Just curious, were you able to shoot the Conquest Triumph before ordering? Most places I've been are not stocking that model. I'd sure like to shoot one sometime.

Right now I'm still sporting my Mathews Drenalin, spothog sight, QAD Ultra rest HD. Maybe upgrade in another year. I'm not getting to hunt as much these days with family obligations so upgrading every year isn't quite as important to me as it was. I still love to shoot though!

Just got a new Strothers Infinity in "black death" last weekend and couldnt be happier. Went to the pro shop and shot 8 different bows including Z7, destroyer 340, axe 6&7, Bowmadness, maxis 31, carbon matrix (just to say i shot it), and the stothers. In the end the infinity came home with me and i got a robin hood my second night shooting it. I teamed it up with a trophy take smack down rest, 5 pin tru glo micro brite site, and the good ole b-stinger. Now i just have to decide if i want to paint the stinger black or leave it camo.

Something else is i have a 26.5 inch draw and when i had my reezen i needed a 26 because it was longer than advertised (along with most matthews i've shot). with the strothers im shooting a 27 inch draw and it is perfect, not to often you see that and im not complaining with the added speed.

I just picked up mathews drenalin last week. wanted the Z7 but with three others in the house needing a new bow I chose to go home with some money left over. I set it up with the axion stabilizer with trhe harmonic dampeners. the cobra python micro adjust 5 pin and the new shaffer opposition rest. I decided to try the easton axis arrows with this set up. The theory being the smaller diameter shaft will increase kinetic energy.( guess we will see about that) I questioned the shaffer rest just because its different than anything else on the market. But after thinking about it for awhile I decided to give it a try. knowing john schaffer for many years I have little doubt that this rest was put through the paces before ever seeing a store. I really like being able to lock the rest in the closed position when in the stand. With this set up I am shooting 28" 70# 419gr arrow at 270fps that should get the job done.(no robin hoods though I quit shooting at single spot targets when I was 12).

I questioned the shaffer rest just because its different than anything else on the market. But after thinking about it for awhile I decided to give it a try. knowing john schaffer for many years I have little doubt that this rest was put through the paces before ever seeing a store.

A buddy of mine has been using one for a couple months and he's been really happy with it. He's NEVER really happy with any piece of equipment, so it must be pretty good!

Well my newest puchase for my self was a bowtech general in smoke target color set up with a limb driver rest and surelock bow scope with a 10 power swarovski lens I use this for pounding X's on the 300 rounds and the winter in door leagues. Tonight I pick up the wife a diamond razors edge with custom winners choice strings and cables in pink and blue with matching pink peep and a hostage rest that I'm taking off tommorrow and replacing with my trophy taker off my marquise. Got to get the fletching tool out and get her arrows done up in pink with pink tiger stripped wraps.

my fiance' couldnt stand the sight of me with my new bow, so she went and bought a new one herself last week. she opted for the Z7, and has it completely customized in orange, as it is her favorite color. 58 lb draw, toxonics sight, QAD ultra dropaway, axion stabilizer, etc. my contribution was a custom Z7 case. and to those who know me well enough, yes it burned my behind a little bit! she liked the destroyer, but being a dual cam, the wall was a little stiff for her until she got to the letoff. i guess fortunatley for mathews, the bowtech destroyer isnt a single cam! grin

Was at Bwana last week and picked up a new PSE Bow Madness. Pretty sweet compared to my 10 year old PSE Nova. My truck liked it there so much, it decided to drop a tie rod on the ground and stay overnight. laugh