• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I lost the love of my life and my best friend on saturday, after strongly battling pancreatic cancer. I am honered to have shared the last 25 years being her husband, friend and fishing partner. Throughout her whole diagnosis she was so amazing, always worrying about others instead of herself. She was so loving and caring I just dont know what I will do without her. I know she now no longer suffers, she no longer has cancer and is filled with peace and love in GODS arms. She will be forever be missed by so many.

My deepest sympathy to you and your family. Time will heal your broken heart but those loving memories of her will last your life; until you meet her again. God will guide you to do what's needed. I'm so sorry for your loss and know that people care.

Bottomdweller,

I am sorry to hear of your loss. Cancer is not a nice thing to deal with. I lost my father to liver cancer when I was only 17 years old. The one thing I have learned is that time will ease the pain and you will always have the precious memories of the person you lost no matter who it was. I would also like to say thank you for your post to my thread about my newborn daughter.

Sincerely,

Brad B.

I can't begin to tell you how stunned I was when I read your post Dave. I am so sorry to hear this. When Ryan and I met you guys last summer it was truly a pleasure to talk to another "farm girl". I know we only spent an hour or so talking, but Ryan and I laughed on the way home how much we had in common with you guys-love for fishing, farm life, our dogs, the connection with the land on Battle Lake. It was also easy to see what a great couple you were-best friends. Going to trade your boat in on a newer one but making a stop to meet up with two strangers to buy a gun-thats something we would do, lol. I totally understand what you mean about her being your best friend. My heart breaks for you. I wish you much strength as you go on with your life. You have a million great memories of your wife/best friend/fishing partner that will give you that strength. Take care of yourself. Please know you are in our thoughts.

-Brenda

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Brenda, it was nice meeting you guys too. She also thought it was funny how much in common we had. Deb liked the gun, although she kept saying she needed lots of practice. Its only been three weeks since she has passed and it still feels like yesterday. The weathers been so nice but all I want to do is hide indoors. Hopefully one of these days things will start to look briter.

I am so sorry to hear you lost your life partner. I can't even come close to understanding. She is in heaven waiting for when your journey is over. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. God Bless. Dave

BD I cannot even imagine the day.

I hope & even pray you find things normal again. Loosing your life partner is one of the most difficult things anyone one person can think of. It is a heavy toss up for me between loosing even one of my sons frown . I just have so much sorrow for you BD, but yet you seem humbled in your postings. I hope I can be the same as you if I find myself following the path you are on now.

Keep on keeping on dude! smile I am very sure she would not have it any other way.

Thanks Brenda

I was out on mn opener at my Dads in his boat. I cant get our boat in the water yet, just doenst seem right. Not much fun fishing yet when your so used to the other being there. I am sure I will get it out eventually. I know Deb would want me to.

Thanks for checking in

Dave