• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Carp and other Rough fish pics

HotPocket

Nsnutter

No, it was a spot running along the red jacket trail. Since the water went down and they dispersed, but with the recent rains, i may have to head back there and see if them small bullheads are back.

PM if you want the specific spot, i don't mind giving it away.

grin

I'm not down there too often, and when i am fishing isn't typically a priority (Just not impressed with the prairie pot holes anymore, and trying to put in some one on one time with my daughter)- but i do think i should try and put together an outing, maybe bring my old man along. I'll keep that in mind this summer/fall. I know how to get ahold of you, and maybe you can change my opinion on some of those lakes. Haven't fish sarah in years but remember pulling walleyes out of there as a kid.

that's a nice one. i got one almost as big on lindstrom but it was green on the belly and fins. i'm thinking it was loving the algea but it was actualy in the flesh and could not be rubbed off.. good luck.

male bowfin develop green bellies and fins during the spawn.

heres the girlfriend with her first carp. not a bad one at that either! she outfished me!

full-27194-9882-270293_10150231130089934

I had a couple hrs to spare last night, so i decided to try some carpin. I havent really targeted them in yrs and i forgot how much fun it was and a great way to spend a nice evening.

Here's a few from last night:

image-4.jpg

image-5.jpg

image-6.jpg

I was using the good ole corn. cheap, works great and you can find it anywhere.

Rig was just a snapshot and a 2/0 circle hook

Thx Darren.

Not gonna lie, i'd rather be flatten but hey they still put up a great fight. esp on wally gear!

Mr Special,

I to use mostly sweet corn but last weekend they would not hit it. I ended trying a small piece of crawler and that worked that day. I use circle hooks for boober and tip up fishing pike. I will have to try them for carp. I enjoy the photo's good to see you are getting the kids involved.

Mwal

I heard ya there, sometimes carps can be very finicky.

I don't know how, but half the can of corn always ends up in the area I'm casting to "cough cough"

I dead stick my rods but make sure you have very good rod holders, baitclicker or set your drag fairly loose. As you know, they pick up the bait and run once they feel the hooks and 90% of the time, they'll hook themselves in the corner.

My daughter loves fishing and half the time out fishes me. its always great when your child ask you to go fishing

Good luck and have fun

hahah you got a great spot there Mr Special , I've seen some monsters along that wall. Try going at night, they nose right up against the wall, no fear

these were all on the fly rod last week

full-23483-10256-p7030091.jpg

full-23483-10257-p7030093.jpg

Dad with a nice one

full-23483-10258-p7030097.jpg

Got the boss carp of the canal

full-23483-10260-p7040002.jpg

WOW, i cant imagine the fight on a flyrod. that must be one heck of a battle. Looks like some current there as well. Whats the average fight time on a flyrod for those bigguns?

Near the pavilion i see them all the time but cant get them to bite for some reason. i think its better if i dont see the fish and just chalk it up to bad luck if i dont happen to catch anything lol