• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Carp and other Rough fish pics

HotPocket

got this 29-incher today with my puny ultra-lite w/ 4 lb. line- thought I was only going get to suckers out of a section of Basset Creek!

really took my time to get it landed and another big carp kept following it around like it was worried about it's mate or buddy- they were soon reunited

0424111608a.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

other Easter Day fish from mouth of Minnehaha

0424111037.jpg

0424111115.jpg

0424111251.jpg

A Chub!!!

I love it Dan Z!

Those spawning bumps on their head are kinda cool

I wrote the WI DNR last year to try and get them to add Creek Chub to the species up for state records (so I could be first to set it) but they said no.

I've already caught a bunch down by Dubuque this year- this is the earliest I've gone after them.

stick without giving your spot away is that a half flooded floating dock?

were there any up above yet?

that's the bridge at the end of Minnehaha creek where it meets the mighty Miss

I hope to be back there again this weekend

Did you invite the camera crew or just coincident?

The Camera guy was there to follow a large group of guys who are passionate about many species of fish. It is the 10th annual get together and there will be 2 segments about the gathering on MN bound. Bill Sherk was also there. Two very nice guys who were very approachable and easy to talk with.

If your a Carp fan in the Fargo/Moorhead area, Woodland Park in Moorhead has a couple large herds stranded big Carp in it post flood.

They will all die eventually. If anyone wants to angle them now the water level there is ideal to do so. Be a fun outing for the kids or for the hardcore carp wrangler. I do not think any attempt will be made to extract them. Angeling them out would be far better then smelling them for a month after they all die.

Very good chance there is also game fish stuck in the park this season too. Cats are very likely in there as well. I see a lot of fish in there yet.

WoodLawn Park

400 Woodlawn Dr

Moorhead, MN 56560