• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Carp and other Rough fish pics

HotPocket

the others are biting decently. the occasional carp, oodles of sheephead. walleye's are biting, but they're just nasty trash fish wink

i picked up 3 more this morning despite ther rain. i lost more than i care to count. i love these things! they have the craziest headshakes of any fish i've caught, they're acrobatic, and they're aggressive, what more could ya ask for?

rainy.jpg

greenie.jpg

spotfin.jpg

Here is another one for you, Blake. Not a brute, but landed it off an ultra light and 2lb test crappie fishing. Did not have much say in the fight for a while; he took me under the boat, around the motor, and really almost lost him in some wood. Went in knee deep to get him out. Got to love this time of year! full-27018-8988-2011_05_24_07_38_57_599.

Hidden Falls was very generous to my daughter and I on Saturday. We fished for about 45 minutes and took this carp, 2 channel cats, 3 walleyes and about 1/2 dozen sheepshead. It is a blast watching a 4 year old girl try to land a 4 lb channel cat!

I tried convincing her to take the rod when fighting this carp, but she knew better.

full-34532-9214-carp.jpg

Pushbutton, Anything i can do to keep her from becoming a Girly Girl...Two years ago she would take all the leeches and stick them to her hand laugh

full-26433-9215-0009.jpg

Now she says "Leeches, EWW!" laugh

And Definitely won't hold a fish smirk

At the dinner table Sunday afternoon, she's munch'n away on her dinner till I asked her "How is your Lamb?"...Boy did i get a look, I though she was going to spit it out once I told her. then I had to say "You don't want to know what's in your Hot Dog!...I'd stick to eating that Lamb!" LOL Kids are great.. smile

So, doin what i can to keep her away from video games and ICarly frown

LowBlazah - You got it, Lime Lake, Avoca.

It was just me and my little girl. Saturday and Monday approx 11am to noon. (Flies were horrendous on monday!) One gentleman and his dog were there saturday and left shortly after us showing up, then a few kids came down to snag carp. Monday there were a few gals bobber fish'n. So you may have seen me. I'll bring my boat down there this weekend. Told my dad to pick a lake, bring his GPS, and i'll find all the structure there is with my 898si...maybe a few fish to boot.

that lake is phenomenal for rough fish! My wife's family is from there and her uncle said they usually net it for buffalo and carp at least once a year. I stocked up on about 2 dozen bullheads from the creek (downstream a ways) in about an hour.