• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Carp and other Rough fish pics

HotPocket

Talk about a prehistoric double this week! As if the bowfin wasn't enough, I caught a shovelnose sturgeon bigger than last years. Unfortunately, I sunk knee-deep into the mud bank when I was trying to bring it in with my net. I managed to pull myself out thanks to a nearby log. The fish was released after trying to revive it. I also forgot my ruler, so if anybody could help me figure out the size, that'd be great. Ol' Sturgy was a great fighter. The MN river is really making a good comeback with the shovelnoses.

20150430_151859_zpsvkr5s3rq.jpg

20150430_151910_zps9nsinj4k.jpg

Big girls have been coming out to play.  Good lumps on the fly rod.  Spawn in full swing in the bullrushes nothing but splashing all along the shoreline and fish darting around.  A lot of tempting,  big fish,  that would never have noticed the fly.  Finding the solitary feeders,  and hitting them before the bunches of spawners start splashing through has been key

Snapchat-5678244647519523529.jpg

IMG_20150527_174957.jpg

IMG_20150522_091713.jpg

IMAG0323.jpg

@srfishin15

Your girlfriend has a very nice Silver Redhorse.  There are some great ID help resources out there on the internet but I assume outside links are still verboten 

​Not true, I don't think.  If you want to post a link to some web site that helps identify a fish, eg the DNR, I am pretty sure that is OK. 

I know I've had content linking to ID info sources yanked before.  This was years ago, not sure if the verbage has changed.  Reading the rules again now, I think it is against the rules to link another web forum.  One of my preferred web pages for ID contains a web forum so that might be the problem.  

This one should be legit (just ID info, no forum).  It is a bit technical and harder to use but it is a great resource (it is WI content but species in WI are mostly the same as MN):

http://www.seagrant.wisc.edu/home/Default.aspx?tabid=605&FishID=133

I was fishing for white bass in some South Dakota culverts, snagged this monster in the tail by accident on a perch lure with 8 pound test line. Didn't think there was a chance I'd land him. Not sure on weight, guessing 28 pounds, give or take a pound. 

received_877946588909158.jpeg

received_877946518909165.jpeg