• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Carp and other Rough fish pics

HotPocket

I was fishing just off a point where the depth starts to even out after the drop off. The carp usually just swim by and don't even look at the bait. This one however just shot up and nailed it. Also they tend to be in the middle of the water column.

tjbasssmaster-That's very interesting, I was on a lake like this a week ago, in a similar spot and was seeking something coming in the middle of the water column. I figured it was carp, but didn't bother trying to fish for them. I think maybe I'll get a stick ready for them when they come through next time.

full-5070-17813-carp_roddwith27pounder.j

Stuck this one & some others in a shallow open river in February. We called the CO said it was legal until game fish season closes. This one weighed 27 lbs. was about 9" wide across the back.

what a funny picture! were you pheasant hunting or carp fishing?

on the Field and Stream HSOforum they are always having caption contests where they post pics that are ripe for funny captions and let the readers have it- winners usually get a pretty nice prize

would you mind if I sent them your pic (or you could do it, too) and see if they want to have some fun with it?

the F&S editors post the pics on their blog and then the readers come up with the captions- they really don't ask the readers for the photos as the editors seem to come up with the pics themselves though I imagine they'll use something someone might send them- it'll take a little work to directly send it to the editors- I'll try it if you want and give you credit for the pic....

here's an example of a past contest

F&S Photo Caption Contest

got my first fish of the year (other than winter trout) yesterday on the Turkey River S. of Guttenburg, IA along the Miss

the bite wasn't wild but the day was beautiful- got 4 suckers on crawlers while I soaked some smelly shad on the other pole for cats

nothing on the cat pole for a couple of hours and then right at dusk missed a big hit- put my last bait on for one more shot and got a nice 24" channel! No pic- too dark frown

and most importantly- I got buzzed by some skeeters!!

0314121640.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

0314121818.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

got into some bowfin today! unfortunately this is the smaller of the two caught. the other measured 30". it was an absolutely awesome fish in its spawning lime green colors. i wish the pic would have turned out frown

423093_10151384173500556_893480555_23235

this is by far the earliest ive gotten into bowfin.