• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Carp and other Rough fish pics

HotPocket

Got this guy fishing for trout in MT last week.

DSC02382.jpg

I thought I had a 30in rainbow on, turned out to be a 20in carp.

DSC02381.jpg

I got a couple more right over 27 that week too, they are fun, but a little disappointing when you are trying to fish for something else.

Here is a big 29 inch, 9 pound carp I caught out of Normandale Lake yesterday. I accidentally snagged it when I was using a trout spinner for panfish. Turns out I caught him on one of his pectoral fins, and ended up bringing him in after wrestling with him for over 5 minutes. He was so big, I could barely get him in my trout net (that's all I got for a fishing net)! After asking a nice passerby to snap a photo of me with my prize, I had it emailed to me and thanked the guy for his generosity. Either way, he was a monster!

full-39966-23807-img_20120828_00035.jpg

Got a nice 24" last night. This thing hit it my fly like a brick and gave the 5wt a nice bend.

full-28076-24105-photo_0002.jpg

I tail hooked another right at 26". The way that thing fought, I figured I either had a massive carp or I tail hooked a good one.

CDC man! You also might be able to hide a couple strands of deer hair in there to act like a bubble.

Carp on the top, that's something I've never been able to do. You catch them into the fall? I'll be trying that this year, we'll see. It depends on where they go.