• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Winter Olympics 2010

Cooter

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I could post links here. If I could I'd post Hermann Maier's fall in the 98 Nagano games. I'm sure you could find it in the search engine though. He came back to win 2 golds in the same olympics after that fall.

Gets me fired up to watch the men's downhill on Saturday. And I'm pumped to watch Hockey. Luge, Bobsled, speed skating, freestyle skiing, snowboarding are all fun to watch too.

seriously????? people actually get excited for the winter olympics? I am not bashing or anything I just don't know anyone personally that could give a hoot about the Winter Olympics (hockey yes) let alone any Olympics.....I know in the world as a whole it is a big deal but how big of a deal is it really to the USA?

I'll probably watch a little of everything. I'm not an olympic fan but I enjoy watching things that aren't often seen. The summer games have some absurd competitions, especially the shooting with the really stiff suits. How is that an olympic sport still but baseball no longer will be?

I'll probably watch a little of everything. I'm not an olympic fan but I enjoy watching things that aren't often seen. The summer games have some absurd competitions, especially the shooting with the really stiff suits. How is that an olympic sport still but baseball no longer will be?

Well in the winter olympics they cross country ski to targets and shoot.......and like I said earlier besides HOCKEY is anyone interested in the winter olympics......I see that there is a little intrest which comes as a little surprise to me.....have a good weekend and let the games begin!!!

I like a lot of the events - snowboarding, ski jumping, hockey, luge, short track speed skating, etc. The appeal for me is the athletes' love and dedication to their sport. They are not competing for money, just pushing themselves to be the best they can be.

I kind of liked when they made it look like whales going across the floor and spouting water.

On another note, I will scream if it is figure skating every night for the next 16 days. As much as I like the Olympics, this is the sport that drives me to tears in boredom. The winner is usually known before the start, and it is the only sport that has had proven crooked judges in the past Games.

DD