• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ATV downsides

Rippinlip

Looks like the time of year that people will be looking to buy wheelers.

I thought we should start a category of dislikes on the machines you own, we all have all kind of positives because we own them.

Here is mine. I own a 2008 Polaris 500 HO.

My dislikes are where the winch is mounted, seems too high and when you are pulling someone or something out it darn near pulls the rear wheels off the ground.

Where the radiator is mounted, it is protected good, no issues there, but does tend to fill with mud easily.

I have not overheated it, but always seem to washing that area out well.

1992 Yamaha Moto 350

Only thing I would change would be to have 4wd. I just have to be more aware of what I'm getting into. On the plus side with out 4wd it is much lighter and I can pick each end up, move it over, and usually I'm on my way.

2003 Sportsman 700/500/400: The 700 Cold Blooded, somewhat hard to start in winter and takes forever to warm up. The 700/500/400; Rear wheel bearings go out, and ball joints go out, polaris should just scrap the headlight pod on the handle bars, its wrothless. Just make the two lights down front brighter.

2002 Arctic Cat 300: underpowered could use a 350cc

2001 Honda Recon: Could use a high 5th gear or larger rear tires, also could have less vibration; going down the Soo Line at 40mph for 50 miles not fun.

1999 Kawasaki Prairie 300.

Air-cooled engine tops my list. Hasn't given me trouble but I have to pay attention to engine temperature, especially if it is idling a lot or when not moving fast enough to keep the engine cool. Newer models are liquid cooled.

Full-time 4x4. There are times when it would be nice to be able to switch it to 2x4. Newer models have this.

No engine braking. A bit of a challenge on steep downgrades. Newer models have this.

That's about it.

2000 Big Bear 400.

All time 4WD makes it hard to turn on dry gravel.

Other than that, it's a good machine. When I rolled it last summer it was much easier and cheaper to fix than I was.

you didn't buy that at an auction in Paynesville did you??

2007 Kawi 650 V-twin Brute force with:

HMF Exhaust

27"mudlites on 15 inch ITP wheels

Dynatek CDI

Jetted

Different Primary and secondary clutch springs for better low end and middle power with the bigger tires on!!

The ONE AND ONLY thing I would change about the kawi is the fact that I have a straight axle which makes it ride extremely rough when ditch riding!!

You CANNOT beat the kawi V-Twin except for the can am twin of course!!

2005 Suzuki Kingquad 700. Racks are small, de-tuned from the factory (although it still has alot of power) rear a-arm design holds alot of snow and ice which you have to watch or it will pop your cv boot clamps off,plastic rivets for body panels are expensive and junk (go with Yamaha's design),junk stock tires,and it needs to have a park feature.