• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Capt. Phil Harris Dies

buzbunni

Its a sad day... I have been a WDC addict since the first season... I have always looked forward to the Harris clan... Atleast he was able to do what he loved right up till the end.. I feel bad for his boys...although it seemed as if they loved to get under Phil's skin, but you could tell they had the up most respect and love for their father....

My prayers are out for the friends and family... RIP Capt. Harris!

From the TMZ HSOforum

Captain Phil Harris -- star of Discovery Channel's "Deadliest Catch" -- died about an hour ago ... sources tell TMZ.

Harris was hospitalized a few weeks ago after sufferring a stroke

while unloading crabs. He had been doing better until the sudden turn.

Captain Harris died in a hospital in Alaska. He was 53.

Harris' kids, Jake and Josh, tell TMZ, "It is with great sadness that we say goodbye to our dad, Captain Phil Harris. Dad has always been a fighter and continued to be until the end. For us and the crew, he was someone who never backed down. We will remember and celebrate that strength. Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and prayers."

Sad news. frown

I bet those that watched the show, including myself made a connection with Phil. He was a character, that’s for sure.

At the same time though, it goes to show you that leading a lifestyle such as his, in not healthy. A little moderation goes a long way.

Sad news. frown

I bet those that watched the show, including myself made a connection with Phil. He was a character, that’s for sure.

At the same time though, it goes to show you that leading a lifestyle such as his, in not healthy. A little moderation goes a long way.

+2 I wonder if his boys will keep crabben? frown

Very sad deal. I bet murray will come and help boys get back on the water. Hope they look at how that lifestyle is tough on a body with all thwe coffee and red bulls and the chain smoking.Sad He was great to watch and knew his stuff.Wont forget when he saw the bubbles and said they were crab fart bubbles and slammed the crab in that spot. funny memmory.rip phil

I heard that this morning as well.

I wonder how the business will go with the "boys" in control. I don't think either one has the leadership/"dad" skills that there father had.

I believe that he has a partner in the boat... I'm sure the boys will stay on the boat, I'm sure that's what Phil would want.

Rest in peace Phil, godspeed.

that is really horrible news to hear... i am a big fan of the deadliest catch show and have watched all of the seasons.. anyone who watched it before knew that phil was eventually going to run into health problems given the lifestyle he lived... just the fact that he would stay up for 30 hrs at a time is very unhealthy... throw in the fact that he was constantly inhaling cigs and drinking coffee and redbull, and you have a deadly equation.

it was great to watch him and his sons work together on their boat... the boys did like to get under his skin from time to time, but you could definitely tell that the boys had a huge respect for their father... i would bet my life savings that they will continue to fish, and i dont think the death of their father is going to persuade them to make career changing decisions.. for some of these guys, fishing/crabbing is the only life they know

RIP Phil