• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Viking 2016 News and Season

reinhard1

New Year and New Season!!  I'm sure there will be plenty of news made with the upcoming draft, cuts, and free agency.  A new offensive line coach is already hired.  So let's put any new news regarding the VIkings here and get ready for another exciting Viking Season.  This will be the years that they play in the new stadium as well.  Here is a list of Home and Away games for this season.  The dates haven't yet been scheduled.  good luck.

Home:  Bears, Lions, Packers, Cowboys, Giants, Texans, Colts, Cardinals.

Away:  Bears, Lions, Packers, Eagles, Redskins, Jaguars, Titans and Carolina.

46 minutes ago, reinhard1 said:

New Year and New Season!!  I'm sure there will be plenty of news made with the upcoming draft, cuts, and free agency.  A new offensive line coach is already hired.  So let's put any new news regarding the VIkings here and get ready for another exciting Viking Season.  This will be the years that they play in the new stadium as well.  Here is a list of Home and Away games for this season.  The dates haven't yet been scheduled.  good luck.

Home:  Bears, Lions, Packers, Cowboys, Giants, Texans, Colts, Cardinals.

Away:  Bears, Lions, Packers, Eagles, Redskins, Jaguars, Titans and Carolina.

I see a 14-2 season!!!!!!!!!!!:D

cmon now.  Vikes football is the same as MN deer hunting.  Lay in bed on Friday night and dream of shooting a wide ten pointer and whack a forkhorn Sunday morning and be proud.  The year the Vikes win the SB will be when I finally get that ten pointer in Minnesota.  I hope they both happen.

Two years ago I had a massive buck walk right behind me.  I turned slowly to take a shot.  Once in a life time buck.  By the time i very slowly turned around I still could take a shot but there was enough obstacles in the way I chose not to, fearing an injury rather than a quick kill shot.  In my younger years I would of gotten upset, but that time I realized the expectation of even seeing such a huge buck was slim, so that memory was good enough for me.  Lot's of talk at deer camp about it [every year since].  Kind of like how I react to the Vikings.  I have had low expectations for a long time and those expectations were delivered often.

So now I have higher expectations, and with this team I will continue to have them.  It is as all of the sudden I am in a area with lot's of nice bucks and I know that the massive buck will come my way soon. [ I hunt up north where this is not the case as a rule.]  That trophy will be the Super Bowl and unlike the 4 that we have been in over time, this time we will earn it.  I will savor that moment and talk about that even at deer camp.  Things are looking up.  good luck.

27 minutes ago, leechlake said:

cmon now.  Vikes football is the same as MN deer hunting.  Lay in bed on Friday night and dream of shooting a wide ten pointer and whack a forkhorn Sunday morning and be proud.  The year the Vikes win the SB will be when I finally get that ten pointer in Minnesota.  I hope they both happen.

hey I shot a big 10 and a 4 pointer............things can happen!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just jealous.  I've seen two huge bucks in all the years where we hunt.  One my buddy killed and one I saw bowhunting and I only saw him once.  35 years or so.  Even the "big ones" they put up at the store aren't that impressive most years.  Like fishing for a 30 inch walleye in a holding pond.

4 SB losses, a few wide lefts, maybe one to many in the huddle, 41 doughnut, a Hail Mary the wrong way, countless blown leads and bonehead decisions.

the Chicago Cubs of the nfl.

but I'm still a fan, with realistic expectations.   8-8, maybe 9-7.  They may even beat a team with a winning record, not likely, but it could happen.

Well anything can happen in the NFL but I look for the Vikings to improve and not fall back.  They have a lot of good players now and will get more this year.  The difference from the past is that we have a great coach to teach the players and motivate them.  good luck.

2nd year Head Coach, 2nd year QB, playing in a temporary outdoor stadium, with a schedule people seen at the beginning of the year and said we are toast. We went 11-5, won the division and could have been still playing this weekend minus the Vikes curse.

The defense went from a bottom feeder to a top 5 unit in 2 years, that's pretty amazing really. Another draft and another free agency period under Zim getting the players he wants for his scheme along with the other young guys we already have and we should be pretty mean for quite awhile.

On offense we need to work on that O-line which Zim is already addressing within days of our season ending, we need to give Teddy some more time for routes to develop and a couple more play makers on that side of the ball and I think us being able to score some more points on offense along with our defense that has shown we can go head to head with anyone in the league we should be set to make some serious runs.

Even the haters should be able to see the Vikes are trending in the right direction.

Great post but the usual "football experts here" that are always having fun on the Vikings will be down on them all the way to a Superbowl victory.  Always some reason that the VIkings didn't deserve their record.  They have been proven wrong so far and I will enjoy giving them a CROW recipe at some point.  good luck.

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 3:00 PM, reinhard1 said:

Great post but the usual "football experts here" that are always having fun on the Vikings will be down on them all the way to a Superbowl victory.  Always some reason that the VIkings didn't deserve their record.  They have been proven wrong so far and I will enjoy giving them a CROW recipe at some point.  good luck.

Well, whoever could you mean by this comment? #SARC

On 1/16/2016 at 10:57 AM, FISHINGURU said:

2nd year Head Coach, 2nd year QB, playing in a temporary outdoor stadium, with a schedule people seen at the beginning of the year and said we are toast. We went 11-5, won the division and could have been still playing this weekend minus the Vikes curse.

Even the haters should be able to see the Vikes are trending in the right direction.

The Vikings didn't win 11 games, those teams beat themselves.  Right, @reinhard1?

lololololol...

The truth is they overachieved against a weak schedule and only beat one team that had a winning record all year.  Next year will be a regression to the mean of epic proportions so you better buckle up, kool-aid guzzlers.

Lmit  here is a good CROW recipe for next season. 

One crow

Leave feathers on for stronger flavor

Make a brine [you can find one on my page]

Leave in the brine  for a month [tough to swallow otherwise for a first time Crow eater. [so put it in there during pre-season]

Leave the guts inside,  need to eat it all for the full effect

Salt and pepper to taste

Fire up that grill!!!  Put the Crow on indirect heat so you dont' burn off those feathers.  Stick a thermometer in the center of the belly away from the rib cage.  When the internal temp is 170 deg. take the Crow off the grill and cover with foil to let it rest.  This will re-distribute the juices so dont cut into it.  After 15 minutes of rest swallow it whole head first.  If needed spray with some olive oil for an easier travel down the throat and a better exit..  Enjoy!! good luck.

Edited by reinhard1

9 hours ago, reinhard1 said:

Lmit  here is a good CROW recipe for next season. 

One crow

Leave feathers on for stronger flavor

Make a brine [you can find one on my page]

Leave in the brine  for a month [tough to swallow otherwise for a first time Crow eater. [so put it in there during pre-season]

Leave the guts inside,  need to eat it all for the full effect

Salt and pepper to taste

Fire up that grill!!!  Put the Crow on indirect heat so you dont' burn off those feathers.  Stick a thermometer in the center of the belly away from the rib cage.  When the internal temp is 170 deg. take the Crow off the grill and cover with foil to let it rest.  This will re-distribute the juices so dont cut into it.  After 15 minutes of rest swallow it whole head first.  If needed spray with some olive oil for an easier travel down the throat and a better exit..  Enjoy!! good luck.

I would certainly take a crow recipe from a hard core Vikings fan, they've been eating it for over 50 years!

Well, 3 oh so meaningful preseason games down and one more to go.  How are you all feeling about this team?

Pass protection seems much improved.

Rush blocking needs improvement 

Teddy looks like teddy, steady.

Defense looks real good, save for some hick ups in the running game.

The Alexander kid looks like he will be real good in time.