• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Blinker Fluid???

Ever mess with someone on checking the Blinker Fluid?? Anyone else have any bogus (funny) things that they have told people to check or have been told to check??

Sorry its raining here today.. Got alot of extra time on my hands grin

blonde goes to a auto parts store and asks for a 710 cap.

Everybody looks at each other and asks, “What’s a 710 cap?”

She says, “You know, it’s right on the engine. Mine got lost somehow and I need a new one.”

“What kind of a car is it?” they ask.

She says that it’s a Buick.

“OK, lady, how big is it?”

She makes a circle with her hands about 3 1/2 inches in diameter.

“What does it do?”

She says, “I don’t know, but it’s always been there.”

One of the guys gives her a note pad and asks her if she can draw a picture of it. So she makes a circle about 3 1/2 inches in diameter and in the center she writes 710.

The guys on the opposite side of the counter are looking at as she writes it… and they just fall down behind the counter laughing so hard.

One guy says, “I think you want an OIL cap!”

I can't remember on what brand it was but my parents had a mini van that had a wiper fluid reservoir in what looked like the tail light.

sounds like the Chrylser Voyager....my parents had the same one....

Had a guy tell me he had a flat on his 4-wheeler.....I told him to drive it on the top part of the tire.......

Another guys car wouldn't start......told him to drain the headlights.....

Here is a good story. When I was in High School I worked at a gas station. I had a kid come in, im guessing 20 or so. He came in and purchased a qt of oil. He paid for it and he went outside opened his hood to put the oil in. After he opened his hood he stood there confused. He then came in and asked for a funnel. We had the kind you screw on the jug and turn the knob and it flows in. I gave him the funnel and he proceeded to go back outside. He again looked confused. He came back in and said the funnel I gave him wasnt going to work. Now I was confused. I told he it has to work. He said the funnel is too big...I just busted out laughing. The dumb **** was trying to put the oil in the dip stick hole. I laughed so hard. I have had 80 year old ladies came in and they did it right.

Once back in the college days I had a girlfriend that ran out of gas. Being the nice guy that I am, I asked her if she had an empty milk jug because I didn't have a gas can and I'd get her car running again. (Gas was $1 a gallon way back then)She gave me a milk jug and a twenty and asked if I could just fill up her tank.

Many years ago I had a customer call and explain that here battery was bad and they had another one but it was to big to fit in the car. they wanted to now if they could just "swap the juices" instead of swapping the batteries.

One of the best is the time they had the new guy shaking a rattle can until it stopped rattling on American Hot Rod. "you know when its mixed when it stops rattling". That kid shook that can until his arm just about fell off.

I had a guy come into the station I was working at and ask for $5 worth of gas. He hands me a $20. He follows me back into the station and I hand him a $10 back.

He gets to the door and says that I shorted him $5. I said "No I didn't, you gave me a $15 bill".

"Oh, OK" and he gets in his car before I could run out there to give him the rest of his change. grin

My current job is in a sheet metal shop and some of the guys will tell the newbs to go find a brass magnet or a metal stretcher.

Dang, I wish that I could remember more things we sent the newbie Airmen after! Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

Here are some Army ones that may bring back memories.

A box of grid squares

Chem light batteries

PRKY-7

can of squelch

Lanyard Grease

A gig-line

Then some from the home front

Current bush

Johnson Rod

Piston return spring

Bimbo rotor

Phosphorus brake pads

Glass hammer

Bubble for a spirit level

Wireless network cable

Shorted fuse

Dehydrated water

Working at a shop in high school had a customer come in with a no start on a ford truck 5.0 engine. Ended up being a blown head gasket he did not want to pay the money for a new one and asked if we had a book he could barrow to show him to replace it. On his way out I told him his johnson rod was starting to go bad he responded "i know I have a new one in the garage gonna fix it this weekend"

I once had a lady come in to the shop asking for an ac recharge because her air was not blowing cold and it blew cold before.

So I went out and got her truck and pulled it in the shop to do the recharge. When I opened up the hood there was no ac compessor or lines so it had no ac. When I went up to get the lady to show her and explain to her that she did not have ac she told me that she used it last year. So i told her to show me. When she did she moved the lever to cold and turned the setting to vents. I had to walk away because I was laughing so hard. After an hour of explination she finally understood.

I'll never forget in Jr High (middle school now I guess) back when shop class was mandatory, the teacher gave us a list of tools to bring from home. At the end of class he said to add "elbow grease" to the list.

So needless to say, some of the kids weren't too impressed with him after asking thier parents for elbow grease to bring to school

A couple more Navy ones:

Twidgets and Deck Apes used to send their new guys down to the engine room for a bucket of steam or E-A-R wax.

We had a guy that had no business working in metal once where I used to work. They would send him to go look for a 2 foot piece of 12" I beam, or a piece of square tubing and it would take him over an hour to find it. They were gonna send him to look for a fallopian tube, but then they figured he would be gone all day