• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Northern Pike Photo Gallery

Rick

These are two northerns that I caught 2/18/10, the photo with the vehicle in background was taken by my 85 year old dad so I am sorry the angle looks funny but he is an angler, so I forgive him. That fish is a personal best 34.5 inch and the other was a 29 inch. I had some great fishing for the last 2 days with 5 northerns 2-26's 2-29's and the 34.5, The 3rd picture is from my phone on wed. 29 incher

007-1.jpg

005-2.jpg

[downsized_0217001646b1.jpg

Not a huge pike but it was fun to catch on my wifes pan fish rod! It's a 22inch friabill quicktip ... and a pink reel of course! I was out crappie fishing in a really small pot hole near excelcior on tonka. The action was really slow but all of sudden this guy grabbed my genz worm tiped with a crappie minnow! An awesome fight to say the least! I had to do a reanactment back home do to lack of camera on the ice!

newnewnew436.jpg

newnewnew440.jpg

newnewnew442.jpg

My old man caught a 41"x21.5" pike last week through the ice in Southern MN....Was fishing for walleye and bit his rattle reel with only a 6lb. mono leader on it....ended up taking about 4 BIG runs on him and that's only because the goof ball pushed the fish back down the hole because its mouth and gills wouldn't open for him to grab it out of the hole....He didn't get a picture because he couldn't find the camera but he ended up bringing it to the Taxidermist in Clark's Grove to get mounted...it ended up tipping the scale at the taxi right around 19.5lbs! Will post pics of mount when he gets it back...also caught three eater walleyes an hour before this all before the sun went down....

Had a pretty good season for pike. Would like to say it was skill, but clearly a lot of luck was involved. Here are some of the highlights:

photo-23.jpg

44.5", going on the wall. It had a big (about a 1/0) hook lodged in it's upper jaws, broken off at the shank from a previous battle.

photo-22.jpg

The 44.5" right after being caught. The downside of fishing by yourself it that it is pretty tough to get good pictures.

photo-27.jpg

39.5", caught and released. Using a circle hook saved this fish's life as she swallowed the bait whole and I was able to back the hook out of her throat with not so much as a drop of blood. The ice was covered with blood though (mine) from her gill rakers. Same tip-up as the 44.5".

photo-31.jpg

36.5", caught and released. Caught 20 minutes after the 39.5". What a day! My middle son was clapping in excitement, that is why his hands look funny.

32pikecropped.jpg

A very husky 32", expressing it's opinion of being iced by biting the fishing rod. Only picture I got before putting it back in the water.

photo-32.jpg

A fat 27" next to the fattest 19" walleye I have ever caught.

Missing is the 24" silver pike (my first) that was caught after my phone died so I couldn't get a picture.

Nice looking pike jerkin'm. Great to see the kids getting involved especially when your pulling in some pike that size. It is also great to see you teaching selective harvest on the pike as well.