• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Movie rental reviews...

Corey Bechtold

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rented Talladega Nights the other day. I have now watched it five times. I think I will watch it another smirk.gif

By the way, I don't know if to many people are aware, but for a short while when Anchorman came out on dvd it came with another movie called The Legend of Ron Burgundy and a couple of hours worth of extras. The Legend of Ron Burgundy is another hour and a half long movie that they basically made out of scenes that were cut for time purposes out of Anchorman. A couple of the scenes are actually the same as in Anchorman. I think it is as funny, or perhaps more comical than the original. The extras are very good also. Good luck getting your hands on this though, as they only had this package for a short while.

Talladega Nights was awesome, just bought that over the weekend saw it weeks ago thou. The best part in that movie was when he had his 1st race in the beginning and was being interviewed and the reporter asked him a question and he goes on to say the car handled real good, had nothing to do with the question and thats how the guys in Nascar talk, They never answer the question, just talk about how the car handled.

Watched Me, You and Dupree over the weekend, was a good one. Some really funny parts in the movie.

If anyone has a chance watch the movie Jackass 2. I have never laughed so hard in my life watching this movie. There are some sick things they do where you sit back and say "why". But overall I though it was a very funny movie and I plan on watching it a few more times...

Another nay vote for Miami Vice. No action until the end and the story was weak. The acting was worse.

I also viewed the recent Pirates of the Caribbean and didn't care for it at all. The first one is better.

I rented Lucky Number Sleven a while back also and thought it was interesting and had a different ending then I was expecting. I wasn't really impressed as the movie went on until the end and how the story comes together makes it worth a rent.

Thank You for Smoking is a funny one to watch. The previews got me interested when it was in theaters and then I saw it was out on DVD so I had to check it out.

We watched "Invinceable" last night and really liked it. It was PG so it would be a good family movie. It ended a bit abruptly but I don't know what else they could have done with the plot. The good thing is they told some small details about the character before the credits and showed some actual film of him playing.

Good luck,

Corey Bechtold

We watched Invincible last night also and in complete agreement with ending. We watched the DVD Extras and they had the Vince Papale story there with more live footage and actual interviews with the real life players. They also showed the actual real life footage from the ending scene. I also loved some of the music selections. Starting off with a little Jim Croce and the Ted Nugent during some of the football scenes.

I watched "Talladaga Nights" the other night and thought it was painful! There was one or two funny parts but that was it. The previews were definately better than the movie.

I also watched "Beerfest". It was ok and only had 3 hilarious parts that I can think of. Maybe the movie would have been better had I tried Coors Light instead of Bud Light. Come to think of it, a combination of Michelob Golden Draft light, Bud light, Coors light and a few shots would have possibly made it an excellent movie! grin.gif

Good luck,

Corey Bechtold

Rented "Employee of the Month" the other night and really enjoyed it. It wasn't totally hilarious but had several good quotes. One of my favorite's was "This is an 81 Honda, How dare you!".

Definately worth seeing.

Good luck,

Corey Bechtold

p.s.

If you see or have seen this movie let me know what you thought.

Idiocracy was a good movie. It's about a very average guy who's a part of a government hibernation experiment. He wakes up in the year 2525 and finds the world's completely populated by rednecks, and he's now the smartest person in the world. The president is a pro wrestler who rides a chopper. The people wear nascar-like shirts with sponsors all over them. They're too stupid to grow crops. It's pretty funny.

Saw Gridiron Gang the other day, very good movie also a true story would recommend it to anyone who like's sports movies. Last week was Saw 3, I thought it was a good movie but you have to like those type's of movie's. Very graphic parts in that movie.

Saw III: Very bloody nd graphic, even disturbing in many scenes. Not a movie for the family. But, this was another brilliant sequel. The ending alone is worth putting up with all the gore - really makes one think, oddly enough.

I love this trilogy!

Talladega Nights - not funnny at all. I just thought it wasn't very original. I think it tried too hard too mock NASCAR and te south in general.