• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Movie rental reviews...

Corey Bechtold

That was an awesome movie, I saw that last week.

Yesterday I watched National Lampoon's The Rise of Taj. The movie reminded me of Revenge of the Nerds, overall it was ok if you like those types of movies. The National Lampoon's movie's should of stopped after Christmas Vacation.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched The Departed this weekend. Very good show I thought. I really liked Wahlberg and Baldwin's characters and wished they had a slightly larger part in the film. They were hilarious!

Good movie and the ending was suprising.

BORAT-- that move was hilarious. It was crude, but even my wife was laughing. Alright, it was an "oh my god, I can't believe he just said/did that", but she was laughing. And she recomended it to her sister. grin.gifblush.giflaugh.gif

Flags of our Fathers-- This movie was OK. It reminded me of "The Thin Red Line" only not completely horrible. The plot seemed to jump around way to much between actual time and war flashback. There were to many soldiers and they didn't develop the characters enough to make them memorable. I kept think "OK, wait, who just died, and his story was what, but he knew huh? And his parents were waaa" I was expecting this movie to be good and was pretty disapponted. I don't think I will rent "Letters from Iwo Jima" after seeing this. confused.gif

For lack of something better to do last night after the Twins game, we watched "Pursuit Of Happyness" and I thought it was just okay.

Maybe I got a little to analytical with it, because if the guy was that bright, how did he get himself in the mess he was in?

Not just one mess, but a bunch of on going stuff, from the time he was a younger man, until he had gray hair?

That was supposedly a true story, but alot of the stuff was to cleaned up and not believable, even for the time period it took place in. I guess you see what you want to see?

Well, with all the rain and ice and now 13" of snow I've been able to rent some movies. I'll put 3 in order of how I liked them.

The departed, to me was just a ok movie. Seemed overrated, guess I was expecting more.

Flags of our fathers, I liked this one a little more. Wasn't great but I like war movies and I learned a little history anyway.

Pursuit of happyness, I thought this was alot better then the other 2 movies. Will Smith and his son did a good job I thought. Movie makes you realize 2 things. One is never give up and the other is how lucky you got it sometimes.

I watched Van Wilder 2: The Rise of Taj and The Good Sheppard recently.

VW 2 is just another "Take the dorky people and make them cool" movie. It had a few laughs and I would recommend it as a rental only.

The Good Sheppard was...good. It's kind of long(2 hrs 40 min) and drawn out but it keeps you watching, wondering what happens(ed) next. It's based on a true story and has some big names. I'd recommend it for a rental and a double-viewing.

We watched the Illusionist last weekend and have to say it was one of the best films I've seen in quite a while. The Departed was good (not so sure it should've won best picture), Little Miss Sunhine was genious and by far the funniest movie I've seen in a long time.

Over the weekend watched Funny Money with Chevy Chase, I don't think it made it to the movie theater but it was pretty funny. Also Pursuit of Happiness, was pretty good. Another movie that I dont think made it to the movies was Touristas,was alright. And the last one was Children of Men, lost interest after 45 minutes.

Obvoiusly with the nice weather now not many movies are being rented. On Sunday I got a movie called Freedom Writters and I recommend this to everyone. It was one of the best movies I have seing in the past few months. If you liked the movie Dangerous Minds with Michelle Phifer you will really like this one. A must see movie, 10 out of 10 stars

Quote:

i seen Borat last week and it is very funny, but it could be very offensive to some people. there is one scene in the movie that may have been the funniest thing i've ever seen.

The seen in the hotel when they're wrestling naked? I laughed so hard I was crying during that scene- yet was deeply disturbed all at the same time.

The last time I rented movies, I got 25th hour, 28 Days later, The Pianist, Blade Runner, Chrystal, Smokin Aces and the Queen... Here's my take on em

25th Hour: Good movie, highly reccomended and it should probably be in the 1 dollar rental section of your local video rental store. I'm a big fan of Edward Norton and this if you like him, check this one out.

28 Days Later: It was pretty good horror flick, a renter though.

The Pianist: Movie ROCKS! Movie definately earned its academy awards. Plan on purchasing this one soon.

Blade Runner: I dont get it... I tried on three seperate occations to watch this movie and finally got through it on the last try. Wow, this has to be one of the most overrated movies of all time. (hope I dont offend anyone, remember these are just my opinions)

Chrystal: Ehh

Smokin Ace's: Worth watching, I'd wait until it was in the one dollar section though.

The Queen: Alright, usually not my kind of movie but I could stomach it and actually enjoyed it... smirk.gif

Woo, kinda slow lately.

We rented "Accepted" the other night and thought it was pretty witty. Not as good as "Old School" or "Road Trip" but thought it had it's good parts.

The wife is coming home with "Rocky Balboa" tonight so I'll report later.

Good renting,

Corey Bechtold

We rented DeJa Vu with Denzel Washington. It was okay, some of the scenes were a little weird to follow and to me, seemed to be out of order? A bowl of noodles no doubt, but it isn't to bad....the babe he's trying to save will get a heart pumpin!

Thanks for the heads up ChuckN. I'll have to rent that one.

We rented "Rocky Balboa" the other night and thought the movie was 2 things: Too slow and drawn out. The movie took a long time to get going with all the drama. I had to wake up my wife before the actual fight scene. tongue.gif

It was an ok movie but I just hope this was the last one. If Stallone wants to act in another movie and take his shirt off he's going to have to put on that fake rubber muscle jacket like Wierd Al did in all those "Rambo" knock off skits he did. grin.gif

Good luck,

Corey Bechtold

We rented "The Illusionist" last night. Here's my take on the movie...

The movie was a bit slow but needed to have the building plot. Don't watch this movie if you aren't wide awake. Chances are you'd fall asleep. The movie had my wife guessing at the end but I was pretty much guessing/waiting for the end to come out like I thought it would. I'm not going to ruin the ending so I'll stop there.

It is a good movie over all and I would recommend it.

Good renting,

Corey Bechtold

Watched "The Last King Of Scotland" (No baseball on)last night...I thought that Forrest Witicker gave a really good performance as Idi Amin.

Probably would have been alot better if they would have included the part where the Israelis flew into Entawbbe and rescued all the people, pulling off one of the biggest, best, and most well executed rescues in modern history.

The Scottish guy should have won an award for the biggest fool/dope of the year...even in a movie there is no room for that kind of obvious stupidity....the dictators wife? Common!

The wife brought home "Blood Diamond" last night and we watched it after the kids were in bed. It was a good movie all together but it seemed to drag on a bit towards the end. There was a lot of action along with a good story line. This movie should be watched by all women prior to getting engaged. crazy.gif My guess is that a new boat instead of a shiny rock wiould seem like a better idea. grin.gif

Good luck,

Corey Bechtold

Jah! That rock got him a few unwanted 7.65 holes in his vitals!

Hey has anyone seen Mel Gibsons movie 'Apocalypto' yet? That one might be on tap for us this week-end? Can't go to far, have a birthday engagement.