• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Movie rental reviews...

Corey Bechtold

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RV was a good movie for just about any age. Watched The Skeleton Key (think that's what it was called) the other night and it was okay, but not great. Different ending than I anticipated. Also watched The Fog a little while back and it was, again, okay.

Anyone watch "Benchwarmers" or the recent version of "King Kong"? Wondering if those are worth watching?

I watched "Goal" based on someone's review. It was a pretty good movie. Me and my wife really enjoyed it. Thanks a lot for the recommendation!

We also watched "The Break-Up" the other night and don't really know what to think about this movie. It had some funny parts thanks to Vince Vaugn. If there is nothing else to rent I'd recommend this movie. Otherwise rent something else.

Good luck,

Corey Bechtold

My wife bought "Over the Hedge" for the kids yesterday and we tried watching it with them last night (kids were a bit restless). Pretty good movie from what I could tell and I think our 3yr old son really enjoyed it. Lots of big names for those animated characters.

Started watching Nacho Libre last night, I got 20 minutes into it and I thought it was dumb as can be. I like Jack Black but this has got to be one of his worst movies. I am still going to watch the rest just to see how the movie ends. Also rented Monster House but I wont get to that till this weekend when I have my nephew to watch it.

I really liked "The Break-up" my wife wanted to get it and I agreed just because of Vince V. He is classic, I thought he was great, The extras on the DVD are great. I thought it was a classic, the video game scenes are priceless. It doesn't get any funnier than talking trash to a 12 year old on "live" play.

Finished Nacho Libre, dumb as can be, don't waste your money on this one.

The best video game scene with Vince Vaughn is in the movie "Swingers". They are playing 94'(not sure on yr but close)NHL Hockey on playstation during the game there is a fight and they get into it, one of the best movies about single guys.

The Wife and I rented "Mission Impossible 3" last night. It was a good movie and I would recommend it. The beginning was pretty intense and then they had to get the plot set. I almost fell asleep at this point but then it picked up again. Tom Cruise does a pretty good job along with the other main characters. The extra's were pretty interesting also. They broke down a few scenes in different locations and I was amazed in all the detail that they took to make this film.

Good luck,

Corey Bechtold

Wife and I watched aboot 5 minutes of the break up the other day. 5 mins into it I realized what she did. She went out and rented an in disguise chick flick, ICK!!!

5 minutes is all it took and I went into the garage and did man things to get the ishyness of watching 5 minutes of a chick flick out of my head.

Even thou its a chick flick it actaully wasnt that bad, I loved they way Vince Vaughn plays your typical guy in a relationship.

I watched Clerk's 2 last night, OK movie. The 1st one was much better than this one. There were some funny parts where I couldn't stop laughing but not many.

Quote:

The Wife and I rented "Mission Impossible 3" last night. It was a good movie and I would recommend it. The beginning was pretty intense and then they had to get the plot set. I almost fell asleep at this point but then it picked up again. Tom Cruise does a pretty good job along with the other main characters. The extra's were pretty interesting also. They broke down a few scenes in different locations and I was amazed in all the detail that they took to make this film.

Good luck,

Corey Bechtold

Yeah, I was quite impressed with this movie as well. Personally, I enjoyed it more than the previous two.

Quote:

Over the weekend watched Miami Vice- don't waste your time on that, also the movie Pulse. Cool special effects but overall not a good movie.

Miami Vice sucked?! Now I heard the complete opposite. We have it sitting on the entertainment center, but just haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

You will have to watch it and let me know what you thought about it. I just didn't care for it.

One's I rented today was Ricky Bobby Talladega Nights (saw in theater and thought it was awesome), World Trade Center and Beerfest. I am heading to Cancun this Thursday so I needed something to watch on the way there.

Hey Spork,

Did you get a chance to watch Miami Vice??

Over the weekend while I was in Cancun I watched World Trade Center, must see movie. It was an amazing movie the way they re-created everything around the 2 towers.