• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Your posting name

Dan Thiem

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was requested to write a reply here about my name. I'm sure most of you know where it comes from. If you don't, it comes from Celebrity Jeporady on SNL. Norm McDonald is playing Burt Reynolds and then changes his name to Turd Furguson. "Haha, Turd Furguson. Funny name."

Smallie... as in bronzeback, small jaw, the species of most of my fishing passion and sometimes research.

Hawgn... one of them southern terms for fishin', even used to have a license plate with it on there in Colorado (HAWG-N).

Mine came from the inlaws (more than likely mother in law ), I was always helping them out in some way, which I had a blast doing so. ( I have to say that... DIRTBALL is my father in law, some of you may recognize his username.) He gave me the nickname "retarded Finlander" I was going to go with that, but stmichael was much shorter.

IceHawk is my Fm handle. It comes from that fact that I am a Icefishing fanatic. My friends say that I move like a hawk on the ice cutting hole after hole looking for my prey, thus the nickname IceHawk was formed.

My user name comes from catfishing of course. I catfish every chance I get and I basically live for it! Catfish, Catfish, Catfish...You gotta love 'em, a beautiful fish that puts up a great fight! What more could you ask for?

I work at a radio station and my on air name is "Shannan Lee", so that's where the Lee comes from... Now ya'll know.

It used to be, and worked better, with the exclamation mark (Holy Canvas!), but back when all the usernames got wiped out, I couldn't remember my password, so I had to re-register a new username. It's kind of a double meaning thing, being a comic book fan (Batman), and a very unlucky ice fisherman.

A couple of years ago I was just a FM lurker. A friend of mine asked me to go on an FM get together on Mille Lacs. Of course I didn't have a handle. Well, after about 13,14 beers around the fire and maybe a whiskey drink or two, I pulled out my harmonica and started playing and playing.

Bear is a nick name, so the next day Harmonica Bear was born.

Wow - that was fun time.

HB

I have been using my sons computer and he goes by NateEboy-1. He booted me off so I had to come up with my own name. Since I started hunting waterfowl 3 years ago I have become an addict. I put the fishing boat into storage at the end of august and out comes the duck boat. I hunt every thursday and sunday, rain or shine.

I've fished leech lake for 30 years so I picked "leechlake" Next thing you know Rick thought I must know something about the lake and asked me to be a pro staffer/ moderator, he's been trying to get rid of me ever since. I'll just change my name then, maybe Winnibigosh would work, maybe not Captron is too stiff of competition.